Amherst is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm with a long track record in making our clients smarter through data-driven solutions for investing, trading and analysis. Over our firm’s 20 year history, we have accumulated the most robust real estate data set in the world. Paired with our proprietary technology and analytic capabilities, we synthesize and battle-test our data to deliver strategic advantages to our clients in the form of actionable investment recommendations based on solid fundamentals and relative value analysis.
Amherst Residential launched in 2012 to develop and operate a Single Family Residential ecosystem. As pioneers in the Single Family Residential sector, Amherst quickly scaled over the last 5 years to more than 950 employees, 19,000+ homes in 28 markets across 18 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform.
Holistically, we manage AUM of $5bn, and work with some of the world’s largest and most prominent investors.
Our Capital Management team oversees all capital transactions including structuring & execution, debt and equity fundraising, balance sheet management, financial planning & analysis, liability management, portfolio management and strategic initiatives such as business development and mergers & acquisitions. This team sits at the center of all of the action across the firm, serving as leaders and collaborators with every function that serves the lifecycle of our investment products starting with research and business development all the way through financing, portfolio management and fund operations. The team is seeking a highly motivated individual to drive the group’s strategic initiatives, monitor financial performance and manage group operations. This Vice President will partner across the firm and within the group to ensure efficiency.
- Implement and continuously drive business strategy and initiatives in close partnership with the Head of Capital Management; reporting into him
- Manage business planning, identify and address coverage gaps/concerns
- Collaborate with and work across each function in the capital management team to execute strategic goals across the subdivisions of Capital Management
- Work closely with the Investor Relations team and other functions within Capital Management to own reporting to the Board of Directors
- Support the Structuring & Execution team by building investor-facing presentations and support on transaction execution as needed
- Ensure appropriate focus and coverage on key initiatives
- Conduct and prepare quantitative and qualitative business analysis, partnering with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to deliver financial reporting (pipeline update, forecasts, senior management updates) and effective budgeting
- Partner with Legal, Compliance, and Risk to ensure proper controls are in place and group compliance with policies
- College degree required; MBA nice to have
- Three (3) years of experience with Master’s or five (5) years of experience with Bachelor’s in investment banking, private equity or consulting
- Interested candidates need demonstrated abilities to:
- Serve as a sounding board and thought partner to develop a strategy
- Run deal teams and understand financial modeling (solid Excel and PPT skills)
- Apply a deep understanding of deal structuring and financing (debt, equity)
- Keen sense of curiosity about the industry, keeping up to date with industry happenings
- Interpret and present analysis thoughtfully
- Develop expertise across a broad spectrum of issues
- Deliver results thoughtfully under tight deadlines, translating strategy into execution
- Collaborate across organizations and manage stakeholders
- Operate independently and demonstrate ownership
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in Austin, TX. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.