Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion-dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Sr. Analyst will primarily support the Debt Portfolio Management Team and to a lesser extent, the Mortgage Production Team (collectively, Mortgage Team) for the MetLife General Account, investment management clients, and bridge lending platform.
- Support the Debt Portfolio Management Team in actively managing the $9 billion loan portfolio including, loan monitoring/surveillance, investor reporting, reviewing property inspections, and preparing annual loan review packages which involves analyzing property financials, performing market research, and conducting a valuation of the underlying collateral.
- Support the Debt Portfolio Management Team with handling borrower requests which may include loan modifications, loan extensions, interest rate caps, property substitutions, lease approvals, and processing draw requests.
- Collaborate with Mortgage Team members, brokers, borrowers, attorneys and other transaction counterparts to perform due diligence throughout the closing process.
- Perform internal and external ad hoc reporting, pipeline tracking using MetLife’s proprietary mortgage production system and provide systems database support.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (real estate or finance); MBA a plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling.
- Preference given to candidates who have relevant experience (knowledge of Argus Enterprise, Excel, and Word) and familiarity with the leading commercial real estate market data resources (i.e.-CoStar, CBRE Econometric Advisors, Real Capital Analytics, etc.). Team oriented with strong work ethic and time management skills.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Number of Openings
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.