CoStar is seeking a Director of Billing Operations will lead all billing operations for the Costar family of brands! The position will lead to the design and implementation of best in class billing processes and practices to deliver accurate and timely billing/invoices across all CoStar business lines. This position will also lead for the implementation of system enhancements as needed to achieve the department objectives and goals. They will also participate in the rollout of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System (Oracle Cloud).
Other responsibilities for this position may include (i) assisting integration of acquisitions, (ii) managing customer credits processing, (iii) process improvements across all brands and (iv) attracting, training and retaining a high performance team.
The Director will have experience in (i) high volume subscription billing environment (ii) analysis billing process and procedures, (iii) metrics development to measure productivity and accuracy, (iv) business process design, system implementations and change management, (v) international operations is a plus, and (vi) experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Lead all billing activities for the Costar Brands/business lines
- Preparation and review of periodic (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc.) operational and financial metrics/results/trends
- Participation in monthly close data to support financial reporting process as needed
- Assist in the implementation of an accounting ERP system to including all billing functions
- Research process and reporting issues and propose corrective actions
- Assist in integration for acquisitions
- Work with external auditors address all process and control matters
- Assist with special projects within department or as part of cross-functional teams
- Ensure timely and accurate customer billing
- Follow company process and procedures and adhere to overall controls framework (SOX)
- Identify inefficiencies and accelerate process development improve customer service and satisfaction.
- B.A. in Accounting, Management or other related degree is required
- Direct leadership of high volume billing team (50k+ count of invoices a month) including prior experience leading other talented managers in the finance area
- Subscription Billing and SOX experience within a large international public company
- ERP experience, Oracle System is preferred
- Ability to process and analyze financial outputs and metrics
- Experience in metrics development for measuring throughput, accuracy and quality in accounting production departments
- Involvement with accounting system implementations
- Prior experience in accounting, process improvement, metrics development and organizational improvement
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% of the year
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with Oracle, including accounting systems implementation
- Credit Card billing experience
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Generous relocation package for candidates outside of DC metropolitan area
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
This job is no longer active.