Position Description: As a key member of the Finance team, the Debt Portfolio Manager has responsibilities in three key areas: Financings, financial reporting and budgeting/forecasting. The Debt Portfolio Manager leads, manages, and coordinates staff, processes and projects within the department to facilitate company and departmental goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Active leadership role in financing due diligence process for new loans and refinancings, including oversight of tenant estoppel and SNDA collection, managing information flow of the underwriting process and ensuring satisfaction of post-closing requirements.
- Review and negotiate loan documents, along with CFO and VP, Finance. Extensive involvement with key lending relationships.
- Ensure financial reporting requirements are met under various loan agreements including preparation and/or review of loan covenant calculations and management of quarterly and annual report distribution by dates stipulated within the loan agreements.
- Manage routine loan surveillance issues and lender/servicer communication with existing loan portfolio
- Supervise financial analysts and managers, including assignment of projects and deadline management, providing on-going training and development opportunities as well as overall performance evaluation.
- Manage quarterly forecast and budget process within the department including delegation of tasks, detailed projections for certain line items, preparation of corporate entity projections and portfolio-level forecast assumptions, overall portfolio review and analysis combined with executive report preparation.
- Assist Executive Team and Vice President, Investor Relations with executive reporting requests, competition analysis and other related projects as well as coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual preparation of financial reporting of key performance metrics.
- Lead team meetings and discussions regarding departmental matters and propose effective solutions or processes to achieve optimal results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Minimum 6-10 years professional experience in a real estate property management organization.
- Significant experience in the management, coordination and administration of commercial loan portfolios, including the entire transaction cycle (loan origination/underwriting through loan closing).
- Thorough understanding of real estate analytics, budgeting and forecasting.
- Key leadership skills including the ability to effectively manage and motivate team members to design and achieve departmental plans or goals.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting software and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with concrete deadlines, assuring timely and accurate completion of assignments within the department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for correspondence with both internal and external parties.
- All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job