A family office with extensive real estate developments and holdings in Northern Nevada is seeking an experienced professional to fill the position of Regional Development Manager. This individual will be responsible for the execution of all construction aspects of the firm’s Reno-area developments. This candidate must have experience in overseeing the development of large-scale projects. The candidate will have extensive experience overseeing industrial, office, and retail developments.
The Regional Development Manager will lead the execution of multiple development projects. This role requires experience executing and/or leading through the full lifecycle of the development process, from pre-development through stabilization. This person will serve as a regional representative of the firm, having both direct execution responsibility on projects as well as leadership and oversight responsibility on other projects, and will work closely with internal and external resources. The Regional Development Manager will have high visibility to senior executives in the family office.
- Managing multiple industrial, office, retail, and other projects through all phases from pre-development through completion
- Identifying, selecting and negotiating contracts with key consultants including architects, engineers, and general contractors
- Providing pre-development services including, but not limited to, negotiating and finalizing the development budget for approval from firm executives.
- Leading internal and external project teams through pre-design and design phases as well as construction management and delivery
- Overseeing the securing of all necessary external approvals and entitlements by working with both internal resources and external consultants
- Maintaining tight conformance with Investment Committee approved project budgets and timelines and providing ongoing internal status reporting
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10+ years in real estate development, construction and entitlements along with an established track record of leading teams simultaneously across multiple projects and priorities.
- Extensive experience with Industrial Development required. Office, Retail, Apartment, and other property type experience preferred.
- Strong, vocal leader to manage contractors, architects, sub-contractors and other team members to maintain open communication and streamlined execution.
- Highly organized and familiar with project management tools to ensure critical path items are well planned and transparent
- Experience with construction-related risk management and compliance including insurance and surety products is preferred.
- Experience with project cost estimation, scheduling, and construction and design delivery methods is required.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and follow construction-related documents such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Experience with the constructability and suitability of various types of building systems and construction methods is preferred.
- Relocation to Reno, NV will be required.
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job