When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a General Facilities Manager with Hines at Airbnb-Samara, you will serve as the facilities management & workplace decision-maker on behalf of the Samara team. You will manage all office renovation projects, office space operations, manufacturing support, storage, and support for prototyping needs on behalf of all Samara leased buildings. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing all third-party suppliers and vendors in the areas of Janitorial and Facilities, Health and Safety, Energy and Sustainability, monitoring operational expenses and performance through contract development and management
- Serve as the single point of contact for all Samara leased buildings, internally and externally. Coordinate efforts with landlords to ensure effective resolution of issues affecting both the building and Samara employees.
- Coordinate with proponent groups and teams within Airbnb to facilitate facility planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Direct and implement daily operations, cultivating a productive and welcoming work space, including all strategies relating to supplies, equipment, physical-space tools, furnishings, and repairs
- Serve as managerial oversight of all facilities services, amenities, maintenance, repair, and asset management across a portfolio of buildings within San Francisco.
- Manage all Samara employee facilities & building-related requests.
- Coordinate with building occupants to move-in/out to new facilities and execute all transportation requests for office furniture and/or equipment located within the office buildings.
- Create, launch and iterate facilities programs as necessary for the benefit of Samara employees.
- Work closely with Physical Security and Food teams to protect and delight Samara employees.
- Use technology (CMMS or other) to track, analyze and forecast spend and resources.
- Support space planning efforts including moves, adds, and changes
- Develop custom inspection programs and processes to ensure standards are met and/or exceeded.
Construction Project Management
- Align with Samara leadership on all construction projects.
- Work cross-functionally with Airbnb and Samara teams to plan, design and execute fit-up and renovation projects.
- Closely manage spend of contractors and vendors.
- Deliver projects on-time and on-budget
Manufacturing & Prototyping Operations
- Manage all onsite delivery coordination efforts by implementing and leading the end-to-end delivery receiving and inspection process.
- Build out an inventory management & storage system to electronically track all office furniture and equipment, and construction/manufacturing-related parts, tools, and materials.
- Oversee implementation of planned, preventative, and predictive maintenance programs for all office equipment and machinery in concert with Workplace support.
Health & Safety
- Ensure Fire Life Safety and local code compliance, OSHA training, and H&S Standards Survey with support of Airbnb's Health and Safety team.
- Enable smooth and safe operation of the various Samara leased facilities and all their buildings, systems, equipment, housekeeping, and grounds.
- Develop and maintain documentation and necessary records to reflect work performed by staff members and outside vendors to ensure the standards of local, state, federal, and OSHA regulations are always met or exceeded.
- Order, maintain and monitor the Health & Safety building operations for proper PPE supplies and equipment.
People & Communication
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communications to understand needs and concerns of Samara employees; communicate employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; manage employee personal information.
- Act as a liaison between the Samara, Real Estate & Construction, and Workplace team stakeholders, external contractors, architects, and suppliers during a build or remodel project.
- Use technology, interpersonal communication skills, and business acumen to navigate complex, fast-paced environments to accomplish challenging objectives.
- Develop specialized facilities processes & procedures for Samara offices that positively impact productivity of employees.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field from an accredited institution
Seven or more years of facilities or project management related experience in construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning in critical office and manufacturing environments
Knowledge of facilities planning, construction management processes and procedures
Working knowledge of purchasing, with experience utilizing and managing subcontracts or vendor expectations and deliverables, including development of KPI
Knowledge of current costs of new construction, escalation factors, and budget planning
Extremely strong budget management skills and a proven track record of building out business cases and managing spend
Ability to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of internal and external staff/clients from construction personnel to upper management
Industry (IFMA or other) designations preferred
Enthusiasm for fast-paced and dynamic role
Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, and multitasking abilities
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 225 cities in 25 countries. Hines has approximately $144.1 billion¹ of assets under management, including $75.5 billion for which Hines serves as investment manager, including non-real estate assets, and $68.6 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,426 properties, totaling over 472 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information. ¹AUM includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
7+ to 10 years