Synergy Investments, a leading Boston commercial real estate firm, seeks a full time Leasing Director working within the Investment Management Company of Synergy Investments.
Synergy is a high-performing company that is seeking an experienced real estate professional who will collaborate with the Leasing Team responsible for the overall leasing of a growing 4 million square foot portfolio. This position will work closely with the Leasing Team and be responsible for all lease contract negotiations. This leader will coordinate with outside attorneys and internal Synergy Teams including Construction, to achieve leasing objectives. The ideal candidate for this position must be detail oriented, creative, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven. This position will be a member of the leasing team, work closely with the Senior Vice President of Leasing, and will report to the Chief Operating Officer of the Investment Management Division.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for tracking and directing the daily activities of commercial leasing activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to assure achievement of leasing objectives.
- Provide oversight for Leasing Administrator; supervise data collection and maintaining an in-house database of weekly/monthly leasing activity, broker correspondence, market comps, and tenant engagement.
- Coordinate drafting of leases with outside counsel and negotiate lease documents with tenant.
- Coordinate with other members of the Leasing Team and internal Construction Team on tenant buildout matters from negotiation of landlord scope of work at LOI stage through to landlord delivery and tenant acceptance of space.
- Oversee work of outside counsel on leases, and related matters including review and approve letters of credit, and negotiation of subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements.
- Collaborate with the Senior Vice President of Leasing and other members of the team to:
- Carry out vacant space analysis and preparation, implementation of marketing plans, and assist with LOI negotiations to facilitate efficient lease negotiation and execution;
- Collect pertinent financial information, and perform due diligence on prospective tenants to present recommendations regarding lease collateralization and tenant credit worthiness;
- Successfully define the parameters and lease terms that will meet owner’s business plan objectives;
- Analyze prospective lease terms and perform financial comparisons utilizing Argus or Excel software. Provide recommendations to ownership using financial metrics such as ROI;
- Assure company policies and procedures and best practices are consistently adhered to in order to achieve leasing objectives.
- A minimum of 6-10 years of progressively responsible and relevant commercial real estate work experience with a strong emphasis on office lease negotiation.
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year college program required.
- Significant experience in the structuring and negotiation of lease transactions.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, collaborative team driven environment and ability to work independently within a team framework.
- Ability to effectively manage outside attorneys and strong negotiation skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Capacity to multitask and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with the ability to problem solve and be both flexible and responsive.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with VTS, Argus Enterprise, and Yardi.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job