Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management, LLC (“MIM”) is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With over $580 billion combined domestic and international assets under management, MIM is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of MIM is to maximize our clients’ long-term economic value by investing in assets that support clients’ liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
*This individual may be eligible to work remotely across the Mid-South.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintains a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. In addition to sourcing and managing these investments, Mortgage Originators are responsible for developing and managing relationships with key industry contacts and referral sources. The Mortgage Originator is responsible for driving business development initiatives, culminating in year-over-year growth of assets under management within the guidance and direction of clients and portfolio managers. The position requires coordination of multiple internal and external stakeholders, while balancing existing or prospective clients’ expectations. Prior experience with real estate transactions or loan documentation is beneficial. The candidate, supported by regional office management, will frequently engage negotiating parties in a constructive manner and must possess excellent communication skills. This candidate must manage multiple and competing priorities in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Develop and lead client acquisition or relationship efforts.
- Communicate and deliver on prospective and existing client expectations and milestones.
- Devise marketing events and campaigns to foster portfolio growth.
- Collaborates with transaction counterparts to conduct due diligence assessments of loan collateral and borrower creditworthiness.
- Assess market reasonableness of loan proposal terms to deliver portfolio growth and value.
- Work collaboratively with deal team, in house and outside legal counsel, and senior management ensuring closing documents accurately reflect loan approval and compliance with MetLife’s policies.
- Tracking of real estate transactions throughout year, including post-deal assessment of legal teams and internal processes in an effort to continuously improve and increase efficiencies.
- Contact management and professional network growth while participating in and remaining informed of industry events.
- Coordinates with regional office management and support team to provide best-in-class loan servicing.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (forestry, agriculture, real estate, finance, or law).
- 7 years relevant experience exhibiting the key responsibilities herein.
- Established network of key contacts and prospects preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication, and ability to engage multiple assignments from multiple stakeholders.
- Commercial credit analysis and evaluation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ownership mindset with strong work-ethic, curiosity, and initiative.
- Advanced degree a plus.
Number of Openings
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job