Pacolet Milliken, LLC (“Pacolet”) is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst or Associate to serve in its Real Estate Division, located at the firm’s headquarters in Greenville, SC. Pacolet was formed in 2007 by shareholders of Milliken & Company as a standalone investment company focused on Energy/Infrastructure and Real Estate assets. Within the Real Estate Division, Pacolet has significant investments across many U.S. markets, including the Southeast, Southwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Northeast. Pacolet invests across multiple product types, including multifamily, industrial warehouse, office, retail, and land development. Based on market conditions, Pacolet invests in stabilized assets, value-add assets, structured finance instruments, and ground-up development.
Required Experience & Education
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience. A bachelor’s degree in finance, business or accounting is required. An MBA, CPA, and/or CFA is a strong positive.
This position will report primarily to the leaders of the acquisitions function, and must work collaboratively with the real estate team, including with asset management and land development, Pacolet’s accounting team and with other members of the corporate staff.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required, as are sophisticated Excel modeling and Argus Enterprise skills. Candidates must have proven ability to produce top quality presentation materials (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). This position will require the ability to create and track budgets, abstract leases and loan documents, review joint venture agreements, model complex waterfalls and write investment analysis and recommendation memos.
Responsibilities & Duties
Acquisitions - Primary
- Assist in underwriting new investment opportunities
- Build, maintain, and audit Argus and Excel valuation models
- Model property and partnership level returns
- Draft investment committee memos and power point presentations
- Review loan documents and other legal documents
- Perform financial and physical due diligence
- Maintain acquisitions pipeline database
- Conduct market research; create lease and sale comparable tables and maps
- Produce marketing materials and presentations to prospective investors and lenders
- Assist with closing activities and special projects as assigned
Asset Management - Secondary
- Support budgeting and business planning functions
- Participate in monthly review of reports
- Conduct market analysis to document and track economic conditions for the portfolio
- Monitor performance relative to budgeting, underwriting and historical performance
- Compile, analyze, and present portfolio-wide metrics relating to both financial performance and other metrics (expirations, debt maturities, major tenant exposures, and similar considerations), including tracking critical dates
- Maintain contact databases, due diligence files, and deal files
Travel as required to execute above responsibilities, not expected to exceed 25%.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, present a professional image at all times, gain the trust and confidence of others, work cooperatively with a variety of individuals, and project a positive, pro-active attitude.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated skills in financial modeling, and a strong interest in real estate investing. Ability to work on a wide variety of assignments concurrently, self-direct and prioritize, and work flexible hours to meet project deadlines. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
A minimum of 3 references must be provided, to include at least one supervisor and one peer. At least one reference must be from one’s most immediate previous full time employer. Beginning and ending salary for each position as well as an explanation for making a career change will be required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Van Clark. We will respond within 10 business days. No phone calls or unscheduled visits are requested. In your cover letter, please describe specific job qualifications with regard to job description above. Please note that no candidates will be considered without prior experience in real estate or finance and willingness to provide sample financial models to demonstrate proficiency.
Pacolet Milliken is driven to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job