Director Capital Markets
Company Overview: Company is a nationally recognized investment advisory and capital markets firm specialized in retail real estate. The firm has unmatched insight and real-time, street-level knowledge of market conditions, buyer pools, capital markets (debt & equity), and a forward-looking perspective on value and pricing. For these reasons, the company is engaged by private and institutional investors, owner/operators, developers, family offices and private equity firms throughout the nation. The firm is known for implementing creative strategies that maximize value for its clients.
The Director will be a member of the Capital Markets Business Group with a primary focus on business development. The candidate should have a track record of originating and underwriting new mortgage brokerage business. The Director will lead, support, and assist with borrower lead generation, client management, lender relationships, and loan placements. Specifically, the Director will implement operational procedures and templates as well as develop strategies for the business development efforts of the Capital Markets Business Group. The role of the Director is strategic and is an integral part of the business group s succession planning.
- Identify, qualify, underwrite, pursue, negotiate, seek internal approvals, and perform due diligence and close real estate loan and investment transactions.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with commercial real estate debt and equity providers.
- Contact and pursue real estate developers and owners for capital needs and off-market transactions.
- Underwriting, deal modeling, deal structuring, due diligence, financing, negotiation of deal terms.
- Responsible for broad knowledge of important local information relating to markets covered, real estate firms, brokers and regional economic trends.
- Proficient in the valuation metrics of office, industrial, retail, and multi-family asset classes. Assist the team with qualifying and winning opportunities.
- Coordinate due diligence efforts for each transaction as needed.
- Maintain and track broker submissions. Participate in weekly Pipeline calls.
- Develop and pursue leads and opportunities. Contact and pursue real estate developers and owners for development capital needs and off-market transactions.
- Successful track record and experience within CRE finance and mortgage brokerage.
- Solid sales skills with proper preparation disciplines. Must possess solid communication skills including the ability to present an accurate and compelling overview and benefits.
- Successful business relationships with clients/executives within the targeted industry segment.
- Solid proficiency in the analysis, identification, and closing of real estate transactions, to include real estate acquisitions, development ventures and debt placement of commercial real estate properties
- High level business acumen including the business environment, market forces, the client's retail real estate portfolio, markets, customers and competitors.
- Capacity to drive the business development strategy with an opportunity plan that includes specific objectives, appropriate strategies, and detailed tactics.
- Ability to project and anticipate the strategies employed by each competitor and the skill to craft successful, proactive strategies for winning the business.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, or related finance field.
- 5+ yrs. of recent experience working in a real estate investment firm as a member of a transactional team or as a senior level investment sales agent for a major real estate brokerage firm; 2+ years as an investment analyst or associate.
- Ideal candidates will have established relationships and experience in the respective regional area.
- Advanced understanding of real estate capital markets.
- Demonstrated track record of displaying sound investment judgment.
- Experience or knowledge in originating individual and portfolio transactions directly and through joint venture partners.
- Understanding of time value of money skills, leasing, and asset management; proficient in Argus
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability including underwriting and financial modeling.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Capital Markets
- Hospitality / Entertainment
This job is no longer active.