WHO WE ARE:
NEWPORT is a privately held, owner-led real estate development firm based in Germany with operations in Switzerland and the US. We are a professional, dynamic team that thrives on developing superior projects that contribute to the built and natural environment and have a positive, lasting impact on its users. We believe that a high-performance team is key to achieving those objectives and we aim to attract exceptional talent to grow our team. We place high value in collaboration, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit and our culture is based on an ownership mindset. As an owner lead company, we have a streamlined reporting processes, can make fast decisions and act accordingly to get things done.
WHAT WE OFFER:
You will become part of NEWPORT’s growing team and have the opportunity to work on one of the most exciting urban revitalization projects in Atlanta and the US. To date, Newport has acquired 48 buildings, totaling 800k SF of commercial properties, and four acres of land in the heart of the city. You will be involved with all aspects of the development process as our team works ambitiously and passionately every day on reviving one of Atlanta’s most historic neighborhoods.
RESPONSIBILTIES YOU HAVE:
- Lead multiple projects from initial concept through 100% design, OOB filing and entitlements, engagement of a CM, GMP development and buyout, construction, punch list, CO and warranty phase
- Lead the coordination between architects, engineers, designers, and direct the development of all planning documents ensuring that each consultant is capturing the necessary directives from ownership
- Guide pre-development and value engineering phase to ensure the design meets business plan
- Generate project budgets, schedules and reports incl. strategies to avoid deviations from the business plan
- Review all RFIs and submittals – push to ensure that all team member are delivering per the contract
- Review, assess and negotiate all change orders and invoices generated by the CM
- Lead regular project meetings with the design team and CM
- Oversee regular onsite construction progress, proactively assist and troubleshoot to resolve issues
- Manage construction draw and requisition process, consultant cost tracking, and oversight of all changes and corresponding cost tracking for both hard and soft costs
- Maintain project documents and drawings to ensure quick and easy access by internal and external partners
- Proactively work with marketing and leasing team in tenant pitches, provide information and drawings
- Lead TI coordination from lease signing through occupancy, including budgeting, procuring and executing
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or comparable required. Graduate degree or MBA strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in real estate development, construction or architecture, specifically with mixed-use and/or commercial construction operations, including project management, scheduling and estimating/budgeting for adaptive reuse projects
- Proven track record of leadership, teamwork and a collaborative approach to all phases of design and construction; Seasoned ability to troubleshoot construction issues that arise during design and execution
- Strong knowledge of material, building systems, construction best practices, and labor costs for mixed-use, and adaptive reuse development
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliver on time and within budget
- Proficient in reading and processing construction documents(incl. architectural, structural, MEP, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of the Atlanta entitlements, approvals. permitting, and inspection processes
- Strong network within the local market to source and vet planers, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Entrepreneurial, confident, relationship-oriented, enthusiastic personality
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Bluebeam
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with your availability and salary expectations. We will review all candidates and be in touch.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.