- Leads oversight, initiatives, and strategies by evaluating, researching, and analyzing owned asset portfolio for optimal asset execution and overall investment performance.
- Maintains and manages relationships between portfolio management, acquisitions, operations and capital projects to cultivate seamless communication and execution of owned asset business plans.
- Develops market and asset reviews to evaluate the overall operational performance and financial results for the owned asset portfolio, surfaces and discusses issues and potential challenges that threaten portfolio performance, and presents recommendations, plans, and strategies for enhancing value and improving financial returns.
- Manages and ensures the portfolio’s compliance with debt and equity providers, develops and provides reports to investment committee and equity partners, monitors investment performance, returns, and forecasts through DCF financial modeling, and recommends methods to optimize returns at the asset and subsequently the portfolio level.
- Measures, evaluates and reports on the portfolio’s performance against budget and investment proforma, managing and monitoring cash flow, making strategic recommendations on asset capitalization, and preparing monthly and quarterly client portfolio/performance reports.
- Reviews market, economic, and capital trends and factors impacting the performance of the portfolio, prepares and delivers presentations and updates to investment committee/equity partners, and participates in formulating the long-term disposition and exit strategy for the assets.
- Develops and leads revenue-enhancing and expense containment programs and initiatives at the property level, monitors resident turnover and satisfaction indicators, and identifies and acts on opportunities to drive operational excellence to enhance value.
- Leads internal valuation process, coordinates with third party appraisers, and works collaboratively with portfolio management on quarterly valuations.
- Interacts with property and investment accounting to review and ensure delivery of accurate monthly property financials.
- Interacts with the capital projects group to execute rehab and other capital improvements.
• Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency Microsoft Office and property management system (preferably Yardi or Real Page) in order to produce and complete required reports, financial statements, and employment documents.
• Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.
• Strong background and comprehension of the real estate industry and, in particular, investment management, with a solid understanding of asset management for value maximization.
• Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an operational and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
• 7+years work experience in Real Estate and/or equivalent experience. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.