Position: Associate, Investments
Location: Los Angeles
Cottonwood is a privately held real estate asset management company managing real estate credit in excess of US$2 billion, and we are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials and experience in real estate development, acquisitions or underwriting and restructuring real estate credit. If you are a successful professional interested in further developing your skills in a fast-paced environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The Associate role will be based in Los Angeles and includes responsibility for financial analysis and investor reporting functions and for working closely with senior investment professionals to execute secured and mezzanine credit transactions and other real estate investments and to monitor the performance of such investments.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Due diligence, including analysis of entitlements and environmental issues, construction budgets and schedules, financial projections and appraisals
- Developing cash flow models and valuation analyses
- Contributing to preparation of offering documents and underwriting memos
- Reviewing credit agreements and other transaction documents; facilitating pre- and post-closing transaction processes, coordinating with legal counsel, appraisers, auditors, consultants and other deal service providers
- Managing the review of loan funding requests in coordination with construction consultants, loan servicers and other service providers
- Monitoring the performance of existing assets and the compliance of borrowers with the terms of credit agreements
- Participating in the development and implementation of strategies for special situations
- Maintaining financial projections for individual assets; analyzing management accounts and financial statements and reporting on variances
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports to investors
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier institution
- 3-7 years’ experience in real estate development, acquisitions or underwriting and restructuring real estate credit
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting; strong analytical/modeling skills
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.