The Acquisition Associate will be involved in all aspects of the Company’s investment and acquisition activities, ranging from development site acquisition feasibility, project-level financing alternatives, on-going asset management, and market research. This position will be located in the corporate headquarters and will provide support for all new investments in the Company portfolio.
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities and strategies
- Assist in the process of sourcing on- and off-market opportunities
- Conduct underwriting and various types of financial analyses to support acquisition, development, and asset management initiatives.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating investment memoranda
- Assist in the due diligence and closing process
- Managing the team’s investment pipeline and monitor potential opportunities across targeted markets.
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimate exit opportunities
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed
- Participating in all aspects of the deal process including underwriting, market research, rental and sales comp analysis, IC memos and presentations, due diligence, and closing.
- Must be comfortable creating and modifying sophisticated Excel-based models
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, mathematics, physics, economics or related area. Must have strong analytical credentials
- 2 to 5 years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus preferred
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job