Ladder Capital™ (“Ladder”) is a Real Estate Investment Trust that is a leader in commercial real estate finance. Ladder originates and invests in a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate and real estate-related assets that include office, retail, industrial, multifamily, hospitality, condominium, and development properties. Investment activities include direct origination of commercial real estate first mortgage and mezzanine loans, investments in securities secured by first mortgage loans, and equity investments in net leased and other commercial real estate.
Founded in 2008, Ladder is run by a highly experienced management team with extensive expertise in all aspects of the commercial real estate industry, including origination, credit, underwriting, structuring, capital markets and asset management. Ladder is headquartered in New York City with regional offices in California and Florida.
Ladder is seeking an Associate or Associate Director to join its Originations Team. This position will be located in Ladder’s NYC headquarters.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Working directly with a Managing Director in the Originations Group in preparing detailed financial models for the origination and underwriting of real estate loans and other real estate investments;
- Assisting with the loan origination and due diligence process, including financial underwriting, physical and environmental investigations, valuation, market research, and effectively communicating potential risks or issues as they may arise;
- Reviewing and summarizing real estate leases, licenses, and other agreements;
- Assisting with drafting of investment memoranda and presentations to investment committees for approval;
- Working closely with legal counsel and internal legal to negotiate term sheets, loan agreements, intercreditor agreements and related legal documentation.
- Creating and maintain relationships with target borrowers and advisors, which will provide a consistent pipeline of suitable investment opportunities.
- Maintaining and updating collateral files for Ladder’s lenders, investors, rating agencies and internal asset management and trading departments; and
- Performing property tours of prospective or active investments.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or related discipline preferred;
- 5 years of experience in the real estate finance industry (debt experience preferred);
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on Excel, knowledge of Argus Software a plus;
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Candidate will have a significant desire to learn and grow within the real estate finance industry;
- Exposure to legal documentation and due diligence in a transactional environment a plus;
- Ability to work on several deals at a time in a fast paced, deadline-driven and entrepreneurial work environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; and
- Self-motivated worker with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, team setting as well as independently.
- Capital Markets
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.