The ideal candidate will have extensive Affordable Multifamily Loan Originations experience, in broad geographic areas, with a preference for the Midwest. The candidate will bring a solid track record of accomplishments and be connected within the affordable housing industry.
Ideally this candidate will also have a background in originating multifamily affordable loans under the Federal National Mortgage Association (“Fannie Mae”) and balance sheet programs catering to permanent financing.
Benefits of SOME OF our RE Lending Platform:
- Long term direct balance sheet lender
- Agency lender (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA)
- Non-recourse loan products
- 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 30, 35 and 40-year fixed rate programs
- 30 and 35-year amortization schedules
- Up to 85% LTV
- Competitive interest rates
- Interest-only options are available
- $310 billion company with a solid track record
- Responsible for loan originations and transaction management, including but not limited to preliminary underwriting, structuring, and negotiating.
- Primarily originate Fannie Mae Multifamily Affordable Loans and some affordable balance sheet loan...
- Obtain required preliminary underwriting information.
- Analyze preliminary loan information and provide initial loan sizing, pricing and terms.
- Prepare term sheets and applications as part of the approval process.
- Work with group head to strategize on identifying and winning both balance sheet and agency loans.
- Utilize creative thinking and analytical skills to identify solutions and/or attractive affordable or workforce loan structures.
- Establish strong professional relationships with existing and prospective borrowers.
- Work with borrowers, as needed, to win loan opportunities.
- Act as the Clients central point of contact with respect to all loan issues.
- Ability to skillfully negotiate term sheets and/or commitments.
- Work with local housing agencies and consultants to promote and market company products and platform.
- Collaborate with other members of the investment team to achieve company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years of experience with an institutional real estate lender with responsibility for affordable multifamily real estate origination and transaction management.
- Demonstrated origination track record with identifiable client list in affordable housing.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and loan debt sizing for affordable and workforce multifamily loans.
- A general understanding of low-income housing tax credit equity and subordinate financing structures.
- Ability to analyze real estate markets/sub-markets and exit strategy tests at loan maturity.
- Experience in multifamily real estate fundamentals, capital markets, and good working knowledge of current industry practices and market competition.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to model and/or do initial loan sizing
- Skillful negotiating techniques
- Ability to operate autonomously with transparency and integrity
- Dedication to providing excellent service to clients
- Ability to multi-task among various client requests
- Organized, diligent and detail oriented
- Strong client management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and manage relationships with borrowers, construction lenders and consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Meet borrower deadlines and make key recommendations and decisions
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Investment Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job