Fore Property Company is a full service, national real estate company that develops, builds and manages residential multifamily housing. We are currently seeking a Development Director to join our Las Vegas, NV team.
The Development Director will support the Development Team with managing multiple phases of the real estate development process. The Development Director will participate in all aspects of development including site selection, due diligence exploration, financial analysis, budgeting, contract negotiation, development consultant management, site acquisition, investment package creation, coordination of the permitting process, execution of the construction documents, and general contractor management. The Development Director should be prepared to actively support the Development Team on current and pipeline development deals in a substantial way that positively impact projects.
- Identify and assess strategic development sites through market research, demographic studies, apartment database reviews and competitive analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in multifunctional teams to analyze existing market conditions, unit mix, property and unit amenities and features, rental rates and operational expenses at given properties.
- Develop a matrix of key competitors including property locations, specific amenities and pricing in strategic markets and submarkets.
- Participate in the preparation of pre-development budgets and schedules for proposed projects from the initial phases including land contract negotiation, entitlements and building permit approvals to the commencement of construction.
- Research all relevant financial assumptions for underwriting including items such as all permitting fees, impact fees, taxes, etc.
- Creation of financial models and due diligence efforts for JV partners and lenders
- Assist the Development Team in preparing and presenting investment packages.
- Participate in consultant meetings through pre-development and development stages. Participation shall include taking and issuing meeting minutes when appropriate.
- Participate in meetings with municipalities, neighborhood groups, design teams, and public hearings throughout the entitlement process.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in multifamily development required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Building Construction Management preferred
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate strongly preferred
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and goal-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Accurate, detail oriented, dependable and punctual
- Knowledge of construction processes
Fore Property Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an extremely competitive salary package which includes excellent base salary, 401(k) with company match, Medical/Dental/Vision, 2 weeks’ vacation, sick days, 10 paid holidays per year.
FPC is a drug free work place. All candidates must undergo a drug test and background check including DMV and criminal records.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.