Asana Partners is a real estate investment company that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive retail properties in dynamic urban markets in the United States. We recruit professionals with proven experience, a deep understanding of the industry, the ability to think independently, and a track record of doing business the right way.
The Associate – Development will work as part of the Development Team to execute and oversee the redevelopment and repositioning of institutional-quality urban retail-driven assets across an assigned region. The Associate will be responsible to contract and coordinate with third party partners and consultants to manage the project intent, design, budget, schedule, construction, and overall delivery based on these strategies. The Associate will partner with the Leasing and Asset Management Teams to coordinate and oversee tenant upfit activities. The Associate will also assist in acquisition due diligence, budgeting, and onboarding of new assets with a heavy redevelopment focus. Duties include:
- Partner with the Investments, Asset Management, and Leasing Teams to execute the redevelopment and repositioning of assets based on the value creation strategies.
- Manage the design, schedule, and budget of each redevelopment or development (forward takeout) project.
- Estimate project costs and durations based on schematic design information for use by the Leasing Team in the tenant negotiations process.
- Interview, select, contract and manage third party consultants, including but not limited to architects, engineers, and general contractors.
- Partner with the Leasing Team to create and review tenant work letters, space plans, and other lease exhibits to ensure Tenant upfit requirements align with the value creation strategies.
- Coordinate with Tenants to oversee the timely delivery of tenant upfit projects including design review & coordination, budgeting, construction and opening.
- Partner with the Investments Team to assist with due-diligence, budgeting, and determining value creation strategies for assets prior to acquisition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, business, finance, engineering, or related field; MBA or Master’s degree in real estate, engineering, architecture or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in real estate, developments, redevelopments, construction, or design.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Critical thinker with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and capable of effective independent judgment
- Acute attention to detail and passion for quality
- Strong organizational and process skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects
- Frequent travel
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.