Based in Vancouver, BC, the Analyst, Investments will report to the Vice President, Portfolio Management and will work with various members of QuadReal’s Development and Investment teams. The Analyst, Investments will be responsible for supporting day to day Portfolio Management analysis as well as driving internal processes. The Analyst, Investments will require strong attention to detail and the ability to organize, prioritize and manage time in a fast-paced environment.
More specific duties will include:
- Work with investment teams to prepare return calculations and analysis for potential transactions, including the creation of cashflow models to anticipate future performance and the presentation of financial modelling outputs and conclusions.
- Take part in future domestic analyst rotational program, gaining exposure in development, acquisitions, and asset management teams.
- Perform market research for investment opportunities, evaluate past investment financial performance, gather data on competitor – or other comparable – products, and help interpret the economic backdrop behind investments.
- Analyze and review quarterly reports, financial statements, and investment documents.
- Partner with colleagues to prepare internal reporting to summarize portfolio performance and deliver insight for key stakeholders, including QuadReal’s Board of Directors and senior management teams on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in budgeting process with other teams and departments, including working with Asset Management and Development teams to aggregate budget data.
- Contribute to year-end reporting, including summarizing the results of the Domestic budgeting process and assisting with the interpretation and presentation of go-forward portfolio strategies and forecasts.
- Work with valuations team to determine correct asset values during quarterly valuations process.
- Assist in capital forecasting and reforecasting activities for the Domestic Portfolio’s operating assets.
- Assist in creation of strategy and portfolio overviews for the fund’s development pipeline and for existing income producing assets.
- Assist other teams when ad-hoc analysis is required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with a real estate company (asset manager or developer), real estate brokerage or advisory firm, appraisal firm, or real estate lender is desirable. A strong interest in developing your career within real estate is essential.
- University or college degree in Finance or Real Estate; additional education such as a CFA or AACI designation is an asset.
- Strong proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Argus Enterprise programs. Experience in Microsoft Power Query or Power BI is considered a strong asset.
- Strong in financial and quantitative analysis; detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- A strong work ethic, ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to innovative ideas and constant changes.
- Ability to take initiative and own your responsibilities to produce high quality work product with minimal supervision; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and dynamic work environment dedicated to excellence; flexible and adaptive to new ideas and constant changes; ability to focus on the detail to produce accurate and reliable work product while also grasping the bigger picture; possess intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to develop and sustain collaborative and effective working relationships with all personalities.
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.