Greystone Affordable Development is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Greystone & Co., Inc. that focuses primarily on the development, recapitalization, and rehabilitation of affordable housing properties throughout the U.S. Greystone is dedicated to sustaining and expanding affordable housing by assisting both for-profit and non-profit owners, operators, and developers navigate the complexities and challenges associated with the development and preservation of their portfolios through strategic acquisition, disposition, rehabilitation, and construction of certain affordable housing assets.
Since its inception, the business has pioneered very complex Housing Tax Credit and Tax-Exempt Bond portfolio transactions – successfully completing the rehabilitation of over 12,500 units across the U.S. Our fast-growing organization is currently seeking a Pre-Construction Project Manager to join the Pre-Construction Team within the Construction Department, overseeing the administration and coordination of pre-construction activities. This person will support the execution of the Company’s multi-family affordable development platform (new construction, rehabilitation, and mixed-use) by performing drawing analysis, providing oversight of third-party partners, analyzing construction costs and scopes of work, providing value engineering, and corresponding with funding agencies and clients, while effectively communicating with other team members and department leaders.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, results-oriented, self-starter who has demonstrable technical knowledge of the multi-family construction industry with the ability to work in a collegiate environment with architects, engineers, general contractors, and other professionals to produce superior client service. Candidates need to demonstrate an ability to handle multiple projects and work under the pressure of strict deadlines. This position requires a great deal of autonomy and accountability. Exceptional strength in Microsoft Office Suite with very strong attention to detail is a must.
This opportunity will be in our Raleigh, NC office and will require some travel throughout the U.S.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute, oversee, and optimize the pre-construction specifics of multiple portfolios/projects
- Interact daily with contractors and consultants to provide assistance and guidance in the preparation and coordination of deliverables such as scopes of work, capital need assessments, contract documents, schedule of values, submittals, contracts, applications, and permitting
- Work closely with partners to develop estimates and evaluate budgets
- Oversee the project timeline and progress of the pre-construction process through to closing and hand off to our field teams
- Facilitate defining a scope of work, construction goals, and stakeholder deliverables for each project
- Achieve the project objectives and controlling construction phase risk by applying current performance pro’s and con’s to upcoming projects to ensure the highest probability of accuracy in the scopes, quality in materials, schedules, and costs
- Multi-document review and quality control related to guiding agency requirements
- Attend and lead pre-construction meetings via conference calls and in-person meetings
- Identify potential problems and corrective actions that need to be implemented on current and future work in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records by monitoring all document changes and costs associated
Experience, Skills, and Abilities Required
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the following disciplines: Building Science, Engineering or Construction Management, Architectural/Engineering
- Minimum six (6) to eight (8) years of professional experience as an estimator and/or project manager for a general contractor, construction manager, design firm with CA experience, or a real estate development firm
- Professional experience and successful track record in building single-family, multifamily residential, hotels, student housing, or large commercial office properties in the Southeastern US
- Strong quantitative abilities in order to maintain and track cost estimates and project schedules
- Previous experience developing estimates and doing take-offs required
- Strong communication and listening skills with demonstrated leadership experience
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Display a high level of accuracy across multiple priorities while managing time effectively
- Intermediate to advanced competency in all Microsoft office products, including MS Project
- Working knowledge of affordable housing programs (LIHTC, HOME, HUD, etc.) or tax credit-based programs preferred
- Experience working with federal programs
- Must be resourceful, flexible and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly
- A valid driver’s license
- Travel approximately 25% of time
- No travel restrictions (i.e. flights or long-distance driving)
Background Check: A satisfactory credit check and criminal check will be required as part of the selection process.
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.