Under the direction of the Facility Director, and consistent with the Christian Mission of the YMCA, the Facility Manager will be responsible for planning and implementation of activities and projects related to the management of YMCA properties. Moreover, he/she will be responsible for the management of all capital assets associated with YMCA properties within their region. The individual will also serve as the liaison to the association Risk Team.
Build mission centered relationships with regional and branch staff and volunteers through exceptional support and service in the following areas:
- Provide leadership for the facility maintenance and housekeeping support for multiple branches, including developing weekly and monthly schedule of work at each branch.
- Establish preventative maintenance programs for multiple sites to minimize downtime of any branch facility.
- Assist Facility Director in producing annual systems age-out charts and proactive replacement plans.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work. Utilizes work order system and reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed to an acceptable quality level.
- Assist Branch leadership in preparing and managing annual facility and housekeeping budgets. Complete monthly variance reports and process vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Develop and lead a multi-site safety strategy to minimize member and staff risk.
- Researches and provides input into capital projects planning and design. Manages portions of the project(s) as assigned.
- Serve as the liaison to the branch Board of Directors/Committees as relates to facilities items.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Branch leadership. Communicate regularly with branch Executive Directors to understand needs and priorities.
- Responsible for developing and carrying out facilities inspections and reports that result in superlative user experience. Implement and monitor quality programs and process improvement plans for assigned branches.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency is required.
- Four year college degree or significant industry related experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in commercial property management of multiple locations, preferably with responsibility for pools / grounds keeping.
- Work history should include providing high quality experience to guests / members in a hospitality environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of facilities specialists without direct daily supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work on and give leadership to several complex projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with reading and interpreting construction / blue print documents.
- Experience in developing and leading a multi-site safety strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex budgets
- Demonstrated ability to implement established vendor agreements and provide appropriate feedback as to quality of delivery of services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, sound judgment and independent decision making.
- Demonstrated success in implementation of goals.
- Energetic, self starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Pushing (35lbs)
- Pulling (35lbs)
- Lifting (35lbs)
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.