Riverside Capital, a joint venture of Berkadia and The Michaels Organization, is a full-service tax credit investment company offering capital solutions to developers of high-quality affordable housing. The selected candidate will use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through training, education and experience to support the Investor Relations team in structuring and placing debt and equity investments for institutional clients in high quality affordable housing assets. The Analyst will benefit from working in a collaborative environment with both the Acquisition and Investor Relations staff, seeing each investment from initial underwriting to final realization, and will be encouraged to actively contribute and generate ideas throughout the placement process.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor multifamily market trends, with special attention to affordable housing, to gain an understanding of pricing trends and investment structures as they affect the overall Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) market.
- Prepare investment memoranda and solicitation packages for both debt and equity opportunities for institutional investors.
- Create and assess complex financial models.
- Maintain sales activities and new business pipeline in CRM system.
- Interact with asset management, accounting, and acquisitions departments throughout the firm to ensure superior level of client service.
- Organize and track due diligence items and maintain closing checklists via deal data rooms and interact with internal and external legal counsel to maintain closing schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in real estate private equity or investment banking favored.
- Strong working knowledge of financial modeling, cash flow analysis, and sensitivity analysis utilizing NPV and IRR.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify issues, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision making with limited oversight.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to prioritize, meet tight deadlines, multi-task, have excellent organizational, verbal and written skills, and be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Understanding of general accepted accounting principles with respect to real estate and partnership structures are preferred.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents, and project a positive, professional image both internally and with external business contacts.
Flexibility to travel and work extra hours, as needed.
Company Core Competencies
- Financial Analysis
- Investor Relations
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.