The Business Development Manager will work to improve Savills’ Corporate Services Group (CSG) market position and achieve financial growth. In this role, you will support a national team of real estate professionals in establishing and building key customer relationships and identifying business opportunities, You will also be responsible to collaborate with the internal operations team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the group. This position would ideally be located in Los Angeles, however, will consider New York or Orange County for the right candidate.
ABOUT SAVILLS CORPORATE SERVICES GROUP
The Corporate Services Group’s approach displaces many of the antiquated practices and conventional wisdoms of the traditional real estate brokerage model by analyzing real estate through a more robust and comprehensive lens. We provide our clients with the ability to define, rather than follow, the market. CSG’s proven and tailored process delivers results that dramatically exceed what was previously thought possible. Our multi-disciplined approach to assignments ensures that every real estate decision is an even better business decision.
ESEENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Direct sell clients through meetings pitches and identify needs.
- Drives the client relationship and business development activities of the company across the geography.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan and prepare teams for prospecting and shortlist approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Oversee the creation of a wide variety of customized, professional-quality marketing materials for new pursuits (most commonly written proposals, RFP responses, and graphical presentations)
- Develop strong working relationships with subject matter experts throughout the organization at the functional and account management levels.
- Identify business trends and opportunities for new / innovative sales channels.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training in canvassing, cold calling and networking to meet goals within a territory.
- Proven track record of success selling professional services or products to corporations, on behalf of consulting firms, brokerage/and or corporate services, architectural firms, workplace strategy, accounting, audit, or other human resources or financial services.
- Real Estate license preferred.
- Affiliation with professional networking organization highly preferred.
- Ability to prepare analytics and reports in a pre-designed style and format.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Up to 25% Travel required.
QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive, high-energy individual with a tendency and ability to take initiative, follow through and see tasks through to completion.
- Must possess excellent organization skills and exercise strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with focus, with little supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism.
Savills values a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Savills participates in the E-Verify program.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
- Corporate Services
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job