Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our team is looking to add two new employees and in need of your expertise! The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,900 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Real Estate Paralegal, you will be responsible for ensuring timely, and prestigious legal support to our national portfolio of properties. Our team is looking to add two new employees and in need of your expertise! Your specialization in the Paralegal space will allow you to aide our Asset Management & Real Estate Operations team (AMREO), alongside Lease Administration (LA). Exposure to these two growing departments, and your ability to thrive independently, will allow you to drive this opportunity. Whether dealing with lease interpretation, document drafting, or resolving tenant bankruptcies, this fast-paced role will provide you exposure to several facets of our organization. If you are eager to work alongside a diverse group of attorneys, as well as create effective cross-department relationships, this role is for you!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
AMREO and LA Related Matters:
- Manage and coordinate landlord-tenant and lease administration matters (e.g., lease interpretation, landlord-tenant disputes, tenant notices, lease agreements, lease amendments, letter agreements, lease terminations, consent to sublease, lease assignments, collateral assignments and leasehold mortgages, alterations and improvements, landlord waivers and subordinations, landlord estoppel certificates, license agreements);
- Manage and coordinate leasing and disposition transactions including landlord and seller (e.g., reviewing of title commitment, addressing title objections, tenant estoppels, post-closing follow-up);
- Prepare transaction reports and other interdepartmental communications;
- Various research, analyses, and document preparation and processing such as tax parcel questions, covenants, and restrictions
- Assist with lender-borrower issues and loan administration matters
- Assist with the review of contracts with outside vendors and contractors, and property management agreements, and work with Realty income departments (e.g., AMREO, human resources, corporate) regarding same;
- Assist with review and approval of tax appeal authorization forms and other tax appeal matters;
- Monitor active files and follow up on matters;
- Serve as notary public (pursuant to California regulations for appointment).
Condemnation, Easement and other Third-Party Agreement Matters:
- Monitor and work on condemnation/easement/third-party request matters, including research regarding public notices, appraisal and plan review, legal description tracking and document negotiation;
- Review and revise REAs and other title documents related to the transaction;
- Prepare related documentation to finalize transactions (e.g., temporary and permanent easements, deeds, contracts for purchase and sale, amendments to REAs);
- Monitor eminent domain lawsuits and other public improvement projects in coordination with outside counsel (as applicable).
Document Retention, Permanent Record Filing, Alchemy, and Other Department Support:
- Comply with document retention policy and procedure and conduct quality control of active files for their input into the document management system;
- Assist attorneys with on-going document retention;
- Assist attorneys with corporate records retention as needed;
- Assist Legal Department Executive Assistant with quality control related to electronic filing systems;
- Coordinate compilation and review of files and documents as needed for internal and external auditing.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Minimum of 2-12 years of relevant or on-point legal experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or significant experience in commercial real estate transaction law preferred;
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA approved school (or otherwise meet the requirements of AB1761);
- Combination of education, training, experience, skills and other characteristics that would provide the requisite knowledge and abilities in support of the essential job functions.
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and general internet and legal research;
- Perform a variety of duties within established time frames, often changing from one task to another of a different nature as circumstances dictate;
- Highly reliable; have an effective working relationship with colleagues and work well with a diverse group of attorneys, paralegals and other legal staff, as well as other business contacts;
- Solid organizational and administrative skills, including performing duties with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness;
- Work relatively independently and occasionally identify potentially more effective methods of work operation;
- Reasonably sound analytical and critical thinking abilities upon which more highly tuned skills could be developed with additional time and experience;
- Reasonably strong understanding of basic legal document drafting; and
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), ability to be supervised and take direction, while working independently and taking the initiative to seek guidance as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies, Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.