About the Company:
Sylvan Road Capital (SRC) is an asset management firm focused on single-family residential investments. As a pioneer of the emerging institutional asset class of single-family rental housing, SRC takes a value investment approach to the sector. SRC oversees the complete asset lifecycle from acquisition through exit, including portfolio and asset management, construction management and property management.
The Director will be responsible for further building and developing the Disposition and Sourcing vertical for Sylvan Road Capital. The Director will be responsible for hiring and managing a successful team with the primary goal of structuring and negotiating asset sales. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, financial and capital planning, portfolio marketing strategies, business development - forging relationships with potential buyers/sellers of single-family real estate, and sourcing off market inventory. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Managing Partners to help refine and execute on the business plan. This position requires a high level of independent thinking, entrepreneurship, management and relationship building skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a successful team with the primary goal of disposing of assets (portfolios)
- Develop and implement strategies for the disposition of assets. This will include modeling returns, creating deal structures, and negotiating transactions with counterpart institutions
- Work with data sets and CRM to identify appropriate targets for asset sales and off market opportunities for 3rd party business
- Help further develop and improve our existing internal software in order to better serve the dispositions group
- Implement marketing and business development strategies to help build the largest inventory of single-family investment properties
- Achieve monthly and quarterly disposition targets related to internal fund schedules and 3rd party business
- Build and maintain relationships with a large number of buyers and sellers of single-family assets and portfolios, as well as other market participants
- BA/BS degree. MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting or related field (5+ years)
- Advanced skills in written and oral communications, and interpersonal relationship management
- Strong experience with financial modeling, business planning, budgeting/forecasting and performance metrics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new custom computer systems
- Ability to hold confidential all information that is proprietary to the management of Sylvan Road, subsidiaries, affiliates and investors
- Must have strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative, and market research skills
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines and multi-tasking
Compensation and Benefits Summary:
- Status - Full-time Exempt
- Salary - Base Salary and Bonus commensurate with experience and education
- Other Benefits - Comprehensive medical I dental I vision insurance; PTO; 401K Plan; Paid holidays
- Reports to: Executive Director of Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Works With: Managing Broker, Dispositions staff, Finance and Accounting, Software Development, Buyer and Sellers of single-family assets and portfolios, Investors, Portfolio Managers, Acquisitions staff
Sylvan Road Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal or State Law.
- Asset Management
- Brokerage / Sales
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.