About The TerraCotta Group
The TerraCotta Group (“TerraCotta”) is a private investment firm that specializes in commercial real estate (“CRE”) credit. The firm was founded in 2004 with the mission to fundamentally transform the CRE direct lending through the utilization of quantitative methods. TerraCotta combines a robust proprietary underwriting methodology, technology, deep real estate knowledge, and a lean, agile team to create a custom credit solution for borrowers. TerraCotta has delivered exceptional investment performance during a full market cycle through two funds and various separately managed accounts. TerraCotta is on a path towards significant growth in the coming years as it embarks on a growth strategy of launching multiple investment strategies across the entire CRE capital stack.
We pride ourselves on speed, certainty, and a solution-oriented culture with the ultimate goal of creating a seamless borrowing experience that is unique to our marketplace. While pricing and proceeds are important, we understand that a great lending experience requires an extreme level of detail to every stage of the borrowing process, not just through the closing.
TerraCotta’s current investment vehicle, the TerraCotta Credit Fund (“TCCF”) has a $1 billion loan capacity to help sponsors execute projects. We operate with the mindset that, “If the sponsor succeeds, there is no other outcome but success for the lender.”
The Position and its Responsibilities
The Loan Originator will be joining an existing team of two loan originators, creating an excellent opportunity for a new individual to make a meaningful impact and grow with the company as it scales. The Loan Originator will be supported by robust marketing and a best-in-class underwriting team. The Loan Originator is expected to work closely with the Managing Director of Loan Origination, the Portfolio Manager, and the underwriting team to contribute towards making a significant impact on the loan growth in a region.
The successful hire will initially be responsible for the production of bridge loans in the range of $5 million-$25 million. Over time, it is expected that you will be responsible for sourcing loans and opportunities for all of the firm’s products, including permanent CRE loans, mezzanine debt, preferred equity, and distressed loan investment. In addition, you will also:
- Develop and maintain strong long-term relationships with target sponsors, brokers, and banks as well as other professionals throughout the CRE loan community;
- Provide valuable insights and ideas on how to improve processes and products;
- Ready to be an advocate for a consultative origination process – understanding and anticipating borrower needs, and structuring loans from the point of view of solving sponsor’s pain points;
- Work closely with the underwriting team to size, underwrite, negotiate, structure, and price CRE loans; and prepare and present investment packages for internal credit approval
- Contribute to building out and executing a robust marketing strategy in order to grow brand awareness and loan originations
- 5-7 years of experience in CRE loan originations at a debt fund, a mortgage brokerage, or at a CRE firm
- Positive, can-do attitude that is geared towards solving the credit issues confronting accomplished sponsors
- Desire to grow with the firm and to call it a professional home
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong work ethics, intellectual honesty, sharp intellect, and an aspiration to make an impact
- Willingness to be challenged, to learn, work hard, adapt, and to work in a fast-paced, sophisticated, and data- driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a prestigious University
- Market competitive salary and performance-driven incentives
- Significant growth potential
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Brokerage / Sales
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.