The professionals at Greenwich Street Community Capital (“GSCC”), a dedicated subsidiary of Situs Group, underwrite and close construction and permanent loans that are used to finance the new construction and preservation of affordable and workforce rental housing for Citi Community Capital (“CCC”), the community lending and investing arm of Citigroup. Employees of GSCC are fully integrated with Citi employees at Citi locations.
CCC works with for-profit and non-profit developers, as well as state and local government agencies on both straightforward and highly structured transactions. The projects we finance serve the homeless, seniors, those with disabilities, as well as low income families and individuals. They may also include workforce housing or market rate units and other commercial uses. We are among the largest Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage bankers in this sector in addition to being a balance sheet lender.
We work throughout the country from 13 offices and, according to Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, have been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States in each of the past eight years. That success is due in large part to having the strongest, most innovative team of professionals in the country.
CCC is looking to add Document Specialist; the professional will be responsible for and possess the following qualifications:
- Coordinate the collateral tracking and collection of real estate loan documentation, including recorded documents and title policies.
- Handle loan searches to confirm liens.
- Delivering documentation to investors including Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Utilize Document Tracking database and exception reports to assess, track and remediate documentation exceptions based on business requirements.
- Follow up for outstanding legal documentation with External Counsel, Originators, Transaction Coordinators, or other responsible parties.
- Provide reports and escalate delinquent items to TMG Management as needed.
- Ensure closing file is in compliance with internal requirements, closing and due diligence documents are saved as per closing checklist.
- Create CRA submission form for qualified Lending transactions
- Onboard clients through our KYC Program by collecting due diligence documentation.
- 2 years working experience, knowledge of standard closing and post-closing procedures preferred
- Knowledge of Real Estate Mortgage Loan and ability to apply such knowledge.
- Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of KYC/AML or onboarding clients in due diligence platforms.
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years