Greystar is a leading, fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment management, development, and property management of rental housing properties globally. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with offices throughout the United States, UK and Continental Europe, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific, Greystar operates in over 180 markets globally and is the largest operator of apartments in the United States, managing over 491,000 conventional units/beds. Greystar also has a robust institutional investment management platform dedicated to managing capital on behalf of a global network of institutional investors, with more than $31.8 billion in gross assets under management including $11.9 billion of developments underway — $9.3 billion in the US and $2.5 billion internationally. Greystar was founded by Bob Faith in 1993 with the intent to become a provider of world-class service in the rental housing real estate business.
The Sr. Analyst on Greystar's Newport Investment team supports the execution of the Company’s investment platform by performing financial analyses of investment opportunities, preparing appropriate documents to facilitate the underwriting and closing of real estate transactions, interfacing with brokers, equity partners, institutional clients, and the Company’s investment leadership, and tracking and reporting on the status of multifamily transactions within the assigned geographic markets.
- Conducts financial analysis of investment opportunities, including the creation of detailed pro-forma and financial models. Gathers, compiles, investigates, and analyzes market data to identify potential investment opportunities, and prepares narrative investment memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on proposed acquisitions.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with local market brokers, institutional and equity partners, lenders, real estate owners, and other key stakeholders, and appropriately manages on-going communications related to proposed investment transactions.
- Identifies, investigates, and refers potential acquisitions, and other real estate transactions to appropriate Greystar leadership, and assists in preparing financial, market, and other documents required for new business pitches and RFPs.
- Organizes, leads, and/or participates in the due diligence on acquisitions under contract, and develops documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of proposed acquisitions transactions within the assigned geographic region, establishes critical timelines and deadlines for tasks and activities related to the proposed transaction, and identifies and effectively addresses issues or problems that could otherwise adversely affect closing.
- Expert-level proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated underwriting and financial modeling skills; ability to create and comprehend financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills in order to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with brokers, institutional and equity partners, owners, lenders, and the variety of potential clients with whom Greystar does business.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills in order to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job