Job Requirements :
- Performs in depth credit analysis for which a majority of accounts consist of; highly diverse portfolios at the highest complexity; large pieces of a much bigger client portfolio that may include other institutions and input; risk factors that create large variables to create decisions on portfolios.
- Performs in depth credit analysis in partnership with Relationship Manager on potential and existing customers to determine alignment with TD Bank products/structure TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
- Partners with the Relationship Manager on potential structure proposals that are in alignment with TD Bank products/structure, TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
- Attends site visits and prospect/customer calls as needed or as requested.
- With support from the Credit Analyst, prepares credit applications for new and existing borrowers; Applications shall include new transactions, extensions, modifications, renewals and Annual Reviews.
- Ensures applications provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation and adheres to AIRB methodology and addresses TD Bank’s profitability objectives.
- Manages the timely approval, documentation preparation and negotiation, and closing of new and existing transactions.
- Be knowledgeable of and operate within the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines/policies & procedures (including but not limited to: AML, Privacy, Firewalls, Systems & Information Security, FCAC, etc.) and ensures that all staff complete required compliance attestations/training within required timelines.
- Ensures the managed portfolio is comprehensively monitored and controlled, adhering to and administered within approved guidelines and in line with established operating policies and procedures.
- Interprets and applies TD’s risk management strategy (both credit and operational).
- Understands changing market conditions and remain knowledgeable of relevant industry issues.
- Manages aspects of the customer relationship including, but not limited to, reviewing reports and delinquencies, sign off of covenant compliance forms and determining strategy if failures occur, completing monthly monitoring; overseeing Credit Analysts that will provide support in these responsibilities.
- Portfolio Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.