Brookside Equities is a privately held real estate private equity firm based in Westwood, Los Angeles, that specializes in the acquisition and renovation of multifamily assets nationwide. With deals closing in the next few months, we will be expanding our portfolio to over 1,300 Class B and C units in a number of markets.
We are seeking an experienced asset manager to assist with the following tasks:
- Ensure that all properties are well managed by third party managers and perform as or better than market comparables
- Act as the liaison with third party management companies for the following:
- Review monthly financials and ensure that properties meet operational goals.
- Manage renovations to ensure that they are completed on time and on budget.
- Deal with lenders and insurance.
- Prepare annual property budgets.
- Handle investor relations and distributions.
- Assist in the acquisition of new deals by:
- Analyzing potential commercial real estate opportunities and providing management with solid, researched information on the pros and cons of the asset.
- Speaking to brokers, management companies and other relevant parties to get the necessary information to perform a comprehensive analysis.
- Providing qualitative information on the various risks pertaining to the asset.
Ideal candidates must meet the following criteria:
- At least three years’ experience with multifamily properties.
- Must have either property management experience at a regional manager or higher level or asset management experience.
- Experience with handling the renovation of properties.
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and able to work in an unstructured work environment. Initiative is key as we are a small organization.
- Must be personable and able to interact and connect with all types of people. The role is all about building relationships with on-site managers, service providers, contractors, etc.
- Must be able to travel one to two times a month.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple deals at once.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in business, real estate, finance, or accounting.
Compensation will consist primarily of a base salary as well as ongoing acquisition and disposition bonuses. Please send a cover letter alongside your resume.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job