Lyon Living is looking for high performing team orientated candidates who want to join an organization that is on the cutting edge of offering a premier lifestyle. We are a top property management group based out of Newport Beach, California and we know no boundaries when it comes to hiring and retaining the best employees in the industry. We are currently looking to fill a Director, Maintenance Operations, to oversee our properties located in the South Orange County and San Diego regions.
The Director, Maintenance Operations will oversee the Service Team Supervisors and staff and will manage the maintenance of the Southern California and San Diego properties.
- Monitor the physical condition of communities with oversight of day to day field operations ensuring effective communication and coordination with team members.
- Conduct regularly scheduled community visits with on-site teams and management to evaluate and identify specific needs, review of key processes and provide support towards achieving the highest level of customer experience.
- Conduct site inspections; review maintenance schedules; interview, train and guide maintenance supervisors and technicians; evaluate service provider’s quality and productivity, oversight of service agreements, and support maintenance personnel in the diagnosis of appliances, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire systems, etc.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance and Safety Program policies, procedures and best work practices are being completed at all communities.
- Assist with Interior Renovation Program including scheduling, service provider/contractor management, quality control and timely delivery of product.
- New Acquisition support including Due Diligence Physical Assessment.
- New development project transition including interior and exterior inspections and implementation of Service Team Operations policies and procedures. Ensure timely completion of projects within budget that are assigned to the department.
- Negotiate account pricing from suppliers, service providers and contractors utilized by the Company.
- Perform other duties ad requested.
60% of (local to Southern California and San Diego) travel to various worksites is required.
Education and Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree from a two year school or Bachelor’s degree from a four year university or college is preferred.
- 8 year minimum of multi-site management experience with facilities or community maintenance management.
- 5 years of management experience and demonstrate the ability to develop, train, coach and mentor team members.
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle registration/registration and maintain a clean driving record.
- Strong financial and analytical skills with experience effectively managing resources and budgets.
- Knowledgeable in related laws necessary to do the job, including local, state, federal, NFPA and other building codes.
- Strong organizations and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Project and Outlook.
- Required to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on current operating software and understanding of interfaces as they apply to the businesses best practices as they pertain to Property Management.
Lyon Living offers competitive compensation and benefits including free employee only medical plans, for eligible employees and also employee housing discounts.
Lyon Management Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Pre-employment background check, DMV record search and drug screening required. Lyon participates in the E-Verify program.
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.