Resource America, Inc. (Resource) is an asset management company that specializes in real estate and credit investments. In September 2016 Resource was acquired by C-III Capital Partners, a leading real estate, credit management and commercial property services company which has $13 billion in assets under management. Resource’s objective is to be best in class among asset managers in the real estate and credit sectors as measured by returns to investors and the quality of the funds and businesses it manages. Our unique investment process, developed over decades of experience, centers on selecting high-quality companies priced at attractive discounts to their fundamental value. Resource’s investments emphasize consistent value and long-term returns with an income orientation. Since 1991, Resource has sponsored a range of investment vehicles, including but not limited to traded and non-traded REITs, limited partnerships, joint ventures with institutional partners and global securities.
Resource is currently seeking a highly energetic and motivated Transactions Associate to develop and implement exit strategies, from inception through closing, for the Firm’s national portfolio of distressed real estate investments. The Associate will be responsible for maximizing sale proceeds while minimizing investment hold periods through aggressive hands-on management, thorough financial analysis and deal execution. Transactions will include broker-assisted auctions, loan workouts, debt placements and recapitalizations. The ideal candidate will have related real estate experience with strong knowledge of underwriting, operations and due diligence.
- Manage entire sale process including: broker selection, buyer selection, contract negotiations, pro rations and closing.
- Create and maintain deal-level and fund-level investment models which forecast cash flow, IRR and promoted returns.
- Oversee and assume responsibility for property-level financial performance for all deals in disposition pipeline.
- Communicate with all levels of the Firm’s in-house Property Management company, from Directors to Property Managers.
- Participate in annual creation of budgets, guiding Property Management towards disposition-related financial goals.
- Manage monthly capital calls and distributions to investors.
- Understand and approve all capital improvement projects.
- Monitor financial markets, real estate industry, interest rate environment and overall economic conditions in order to evaluate on-going risks and opportunities.
- Visit properties as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier institution; MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in relevant field
- Ability to analyze and interpret both financial statements and legal documents
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical skills and a mastery of financial modeling in Excel
- Proven history of self-motivation and organization
Open communicator; eager to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Asset Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job