At Tides Equities, we are a leading commercial real estate investment firm with a focus on acquiring and managing strategically positioned Class B value-add and core plus multifamily properties. As one of the nation's most rapidly expanding multifamily organizations, our success is rooted in our ability to consistently outperform the market through exceptional execution and teamwork. New team members are anticipated to make significant contributions from the outset, seamlessly integrating into our dynamic and supportive company culture. With an unparalleled growth trajectory, we offer boundless opportunities for career advancement based on merit and performance.
In light of our ongoing expansion and commitment to excellence, we are excited to announce an opening for the role of Property Accountant. This key position will report to the Director of Finance & Accounting. This position requires keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple tasks effectively. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional to join our thriving team.
Key Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Assist with all financial operations including but not limited treasury management, financial reporting, lender reporting, lender draws and tax filings.
- Assist in monitoring cash balances and forecasts to ensure adequate liquidity. Work with asset management and property management on funding requests.
- Calculate asset management and construction management fees, while also ensuring monthly fees owed to partners are sent by the property management companies.
- Assist in various treasury management functions including opening new bank accounts, staging book and wire transfers, managing corporate bank accounts, tracking due-to-from transactions.
- Work closely with asset management and property management accountants to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting from the property level.
- Provide support in the implementation of financial policies, procedures, timelines, and compliance controls for consistent reporting across the portfolio and at the management-entity levels to be able to report on a consolidated basis.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment while working in a “contributor culture”.
- Process and results focused with a passion for customer/investor satisfaction, quality, and innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in real estate accounting.
- Good understanding of financial statements and general ledger accounting.
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
Apply for this job