The Commercial Real Estate Analyst’s responsibility is to provide end to end analytical support for the commercial real estate lending team. Demonstrated understanding and experience in the analysis of commercial real estate, lending, and loan administration is preferred.
The Commercial Real Estate Analyst will function to support the loan origination and portfolio management areas with responsibilities including, due diligence and reporting collection and analysis, assistance in the preparation of annual loan reviews and credit memorandum, assist in the preparation of quarterly market analysis, portfolio reporting, initial deal analysis, and loan closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Correspond with clients for the ongoing collection of financial, insurance, payment and supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all credit and legal documentation is complete, financial reporting and covenant compliance is current.
- Conduct due diligence and assist in the preparation of annual loan reviews, credit memoranda, loan amendments, renovation loan draw approvals, regular portfolio reviews on the Bank’s CRE loan portfolio and trends therein.
- Review financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors.
- Perform property inspections.
- Review third party and property level specific documents.
- Produce deal sizing and prospective loan evaluations for internal review with the commercial real estate underwriters and bankers.
- Demonstrate excellent excel modeling, organization, and presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Real Estate, Finance, or Economics.
- 1-2 years’ experience in commercial real estate lending or portfolio management preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Real Estate market knowledge of Tri-State area a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and writing skills.
- Ability to conduct market level research (rent comparables, sales comparables, and additional market data) to support credit and lending decisions.
- Mastery of excel and proficiency in modeling multiple financial scenarios.
- Experience using Salesforce, nCino, and Argus a plus.
- Strong multi-tasker- accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.