Park Madison Partners is seeking qualified applicants for an Analyst position with the firm’s Capital Advisory team. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work at an internationally recognized real estate capital advisory firm, providing strategic advice, financial underwriting, structuring and fundraising support for best-in-class real estate investment managers, operators, and developers. The Analyst will play an integral role in capital advisory assignments ranging from portfolio recapitalizations, fund restructurings, seeded programmatic joint ventures, asset spin-outs, secondary transactions, and other bespoke capital formation services on behalf of Park Madison’s real estate clients.Qualified candidates will have a strong foundational knowledge of financial analysis, modeling, valuation, and real estate concepts. This opportunity is based in New York, NY and provides the flexibility to work remotely from time to time. Start date is immediate upon passing an employee background check.
About Park Madison Partners
Park Madison Partners is a boutique New York-based capital raising and advisory firm focused on global real estate private equity and alternative investments. Since its formation in 2006, Park Madison has advised on over $20 billion in private capital placements for a wide range of real estate vehicles including closed-end funds, open-end funds, separate accounts, programmatic joint ventures, and recapitalizations. Our clients include best-in-class investment managers globally, representing a diverse range of strategies and property types.
Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with real estate principals and senior team members on capital advisory assignments
- Advise real estate private equity clients on capital formation and vehicle structuring
- Perform sophisticated financial modeling using Excel and Argus
- Perform property, operator, and fund-level due diligence on existing and prospective new clients
- Assist in the production of real estate offering materials
- Conduct market research and perform detailed analysis relating to specific property types, geographies, strategies, and structures
- Respond to due diligence inquiries from some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional real estate investors
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; generally consisting of base salary and bonus.
The Analyst must demonstrate the ability to work on several projects concurrently and possess a strong work ethic and desire to learn. Competitive candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in capital markets, investment banking, or real estate analysis
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to interpret various source documents including financial reports, operating statements, budgets, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities with limited oversight
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, comfort with the evolving responsibilities of an entrepreneur and sharp attention to details with an awareness of the big picture
- Desire and willingness to study and learn about new markets, investment products, and industry trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with Argus a plus
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; additional degrees or certifications a plus but not required
- Series 7 or 82 license a plus
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job