Stockbridge is an established real estate investment firm with over $23 billion in AUM across a wide range of investment strategies and asset types across the U.S. with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
This role is part of the Core and Value-Add (“CVA”) platform, which includes both funds and separate accounts with asset strategies ranging from core to value-add to ground-up development. The Vice President/Senior Vice President (title will be commensurate with experience) will be responsible for identifying and pursuing acquisition opportunities on behalf of Stockbridge’s Core and Value Add Business. The focus will be on office, retail, industrial and multifamily investments in assigned markets across strategies ranging from development to core. The investments will be pursued on behalf of Stockbridge’s funds and separate account clients, with varied investment plans.
This is both a qualitative and quantitative position where strong financial and written skills are necessary. This role also seeks an individual with managerial and leadership experience who can help lead a young, thriving team. This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to focus on all property types on the West Coast and this individual will report to the Managing Director, Acquisitions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive understanding of market fundamentals across office, multifamily, industrial and retail asset classes. Source and screen opportunities generated through market contacts to identify relative value and strategic fit for various Stockbridge clients
- Effectively communicate acquisition opportunities to Stockbridge Portfolio Managers, Clients, and Investment Committee
- Develop working relationships with key leasing/investment sale brokers, developers, property owners and operating partners
- Oversee analysts and associates to underwrite, present, diligence and close transactions. Develop and be responsible for the assumptions and financial projections relied upon for each transaction
- Prepare and/or oversee internal and external presentations and memos regarding proposed new investments
- Leverage internal and third-party research and data sources to develop strategic focus and projections within assigned markets
- Negotiate Letters of Intent, Purchase and Sale Contracts and Joint Venture Agreements. Analyze and manage results of third-party consultant reports. Lead buyer interviews and ongoing communication with brokers and sellers. Shepherd investment opportunities from inception through closing
- Present acquisition recommendations to Investment Committee
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Analyst and Associate team
Skills and Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics, or related area. Must have strong academic credentials
- 15+ years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling
- Established track record of sourcing and closing transactions
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred
- Previous transaction experience in Southern California a plus
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as strong verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently
- Leadership ability to direct and mentor Analysts and Associates
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship
Regular travel will be required for acquisitions related property visits.
Competitive - based on experience.
More than 15 years
This job is no longer active.