The Disaster Recovery Project Manager will manage physical repairs and recovery of physical assets following disaster events. This candidate will manage construction and restoration vendors, make efficient decisions throughout the physical repair and recovery process. They will use project management core competencies in building construction, equipment maintenance, and/or building systems design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to crisis events, secure key vendors and provide general management and oversight of vendors to manage cost and recovery.
- Streamline response and oversee physical recovery.
- Provide support for developing and executing the recovery plan for damaged assets.
- Provide on-site rapid hazard assessments and damage assessments of buildings, equipment and inventory.
- Identify critical path for operational resumption, overseeing complex repairs to completion.
- Coordinate safe solutions for optimal recovery.
- Drive and monitor recovery efforts for major events until repairs are complete.
- Key contact for insurance inspection requests.
- Provide ongoing management of key service providers, debriefing after events, and driving continuous improvement to response efforts.
- Collect and report on key metrics of disaster events, throughout recovery.
- Provide after-action reviews.
- Investigate the origin and cause of the event.
- Support continuous improvement to track and analyze key recovery metrics focused on time, cost, and quality.
- Special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
This role requires frequent domestic travel and on short notice to support recovery efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eight+ years in construction management, facilities management, or similar for multi-family residential buildings.
- Three or more years managing physical repairs to buildings, assets, and/or key infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of design and repair practices of multi-family residential buildings, critical building systems, and real estate infrastructure.
- Strong project management skills, PM certification or similar with ability to set timelines, milestones, and track toward completion within a high-stress, fast paced environment.
- Availability for after hours and/or weekends for emergency response support within the U.S.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively.
- Ability to build trust among colleagues and service partners
- Certification in FEMA disaster preparedness, Incident Command training, or equivalent highly preferred.
- Familiarity with NFPA921 fire investigation protocols and processes, root cause analysis or similar highly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, bend, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle tools and controls, reach with the hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds individually and up to 200 pounds with assistance devices (i.e. hand trucks, dollies, additional persons, etc.). Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an outdoor environment and is exposed to adverse weather conditions.
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.