, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
We are looking for someone to join our Technology team in the role of Enterprise Architect, supporting the enterprise by developing and executing LivCor’s strategic plan. By carefully considering the market, consumer and teammate requirements, and available capital, this person will help identify, prioritize, and facilitate the decisions on what the business should start, stop, and continue doing. The ideal candidate will convey a passion/curiosity for real estate and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the field.
They will be a strong leader, with a broad background in enterprise infrastructure, applications, and architecture. They should have experience with project and team management, organization, and processes for delivery and support. They need to have vision for where the organization can go while being able to be action-oriented, make strategic decisions, help oversee the execution of those decisions, mentor and grow others, and be passionately committed to excellence. The role will focus on solving today’s problems while developing the framework and tools to solve tomorrow’s problems.
The role is responsible for maintaining enterprise architecture models and associated design components. The position is required to interpret, use and apply their knowledge and expertise in IT architecture to inform a range of technology-driven business improvement activities. The Enterprise Architect is expected to ensure that the overall IT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its extensibility, security and quality. The Enterprise Architect will ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organization’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards. The role is expected to provide technology thought leadership addressing complex project issues by facilitating alignment across disparate teams. The position is required to interpret, use and apply their knowledge and expertise in data architecture to create and maintain data models.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
- Define Enterprise Architecture strategies, principles, vision, standards, tools and methodologies.
- Develop/enhance and lead execution of the technology roadmap for the organization aligning it with strategic business goals covering all critical enterprise applications and technologies.
- Lead and champion the deployment of a data and analytics platform that integrates varied sources of data and delivers business value
- Define enterprise application integration capabilities including the use of services-based frameworks and other data integration technologies
- Advocate and leads the use of standard software engineering delivery methodologies ensuring strong business engagement and adoption
- Champion the use of visual modeling tools for defining technology architectures
- Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of technology during an implementation project including, but not limited to, requirements analysis and design, product selection, vendor selection, component selection, configuration, development, conversions, system testing, cut over and production support.
- Collaborate with wider portfolio community in sharing best practices, lessons learned. Constantly updates the technical system architecture based on evolving technologies and products.
- Lead data architecture efforts to structure, integrate, govern, store, describe, model, and maintain data in the enterprise for optimal accuracy and usage
- Champion the use of visual modeling tools for defining data architectures and constantly update the data architecture based on evolving technologies and products.
What you should have:
- A love for creatively solving problems.
- A passion for great user experience
- Deep understanding of technology, enterprise architecture and data.
- Top-notch analytical skills and ability to manage large budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, critical to ensuring all stakeholders are informed.
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement in demanding professional settings.
- 10+ years’ experience creating value professionally and having held positions ranging from development/engineering to project management, and architecture.
- Experience with a broad range of technology systems from basic infrastructure to business applications (Public Websites, CRM, Data/BI, Planning, Collaboration, Design & Construction, Accounting, HR), and Enterprise Application Integration
- You were once a developer or engineer with a strong background in computer science or engineering.
- Experience with Agile methodology and process-oriented project delivery.
- Knowledge of full stack technology concepts including enterprise architecture, application architecture, databases, software, cloud computing, UI design
- Strong experience with object-oriented design and modelling
- Strong experience with enterprise application integration and frameworks
- Experience with relational and dimensional database modelling
- Experience with visual modelling tools including UML
- Experience in full life cycle of complex software deployment projects
- Thoughtful practitioner of software engineering methodologies, frameworks and tools
- Strong experience with architecting and deploying cloud enabled solutions
- You have a sense of humor and can handle seemingly stressful situations.
Join our team and become a part of building our technology platform. You decide what happens next—at LivCor or beyond.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.