As a member of the regional operations team consisting of the Senior Vice President, Vice President Property Management (VPPM), Regional Managers, and Facilities Managers/Directors, the Business Analyst - Operations is responsible for all analysis and forecasting, financial review documentation for S-Ox requirements, and special projects for the apartment communities within a VPPM’s portfolio. The Business Analyst - Operations will collaborate with the regional team and act as the financial partner to the VPPM.
WHO YOU ARE
- Analytical and Creative. You like thinking outside the box to come up with smart solutions to new challenges, and you embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others. You get to the point quickly and succinctly; can make complicated concepts and data clear to others.
- An Exceptional Listener. Even under stressful situations you display a keen sense of what to say and when to say it.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Energetic and Positive. You are an outgoing, gregarious brand ambassador who motivates and excites others to elevate their performance.
- Trustworthy and Discerning. You consistently gather all necessary data and arrive at high quality decisions and recommendations with an eye on impact.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management. You can present information clearly and concisely while building trust and rapport with executives. You understand executive language and thinking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in monthly operational review meetings to evaluate performance, implement new guidelines, and identify and support corrective actions. Document monthly operational review meeting to meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Perform field compliance research as determined by the VPPM and your Department Manager. Assist the property management team in evaluating on-site administrative personnel in policy and procedures compliance.
- Coordinate central department data to complete all annual budgets associated with assigned portfolio.
- Assist the regional property management team on new acquisitions, including determining hardware needs, preparing and reviewing operations proformas and completing the initial cold loads. Ensure a smooth transition for newly acquired communities during the acquisition process.
- Resolve problems and research opportunities for properties as identified by the VPPM and coordinate with Regional Managers to assist in corrective behavior and results.
- Utilize Equity Residential systems (MRI, OP’s, EIS, Essbase, etc.) and act as a subject matter expert, assisting support corporate users on all systems.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Perform additional analysis, special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required (in a related field such as Accounting or Finance preferred).
- Minimum of 1-2 years related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must be able to supervise, organize, prioritize workload and work on numerous projects/tasks at one time.
- Proficient with on-line automated accounting systems, Excel, Essbase and Google.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate an intellectual curiosity, comfort working in ambiguity, and an ability to act as a strategic business partner; constantly seeking ways to impact performance and impact change in behavior with the support of the operations team.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page
Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means living our purpose: creating communities where people thrive. It means striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together.
Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets – New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco, Southern California, and Denver – provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the business, as evidenced by our employee engagement scores and customer loyalty ratings. That’s why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to thrive.
When you join Equity Residential, you won’t be treated as simply another employee — you will be considered a partner in our shared success. As such, we are committed to investing in your personal success through a benefits program that supports your Total Wellbeing.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like a comprehensive wellness program, pet insurance, new parent benefits, and paid time off for community service projects. In addition to your next job, you can also find your next home with us! Rent discounts on Equity Residential apartment homes are available to our benefits-eligible employees. The amount of the discount offered is determined based on the market, ranging upwards from 20%. Learn more about our Total Wellbeing program
At Equity Residential, like our residents, our employees come from everywhere. A richly diverse work environment captures top talent, cultivates the best ideas, and creates the widest possible platform for success. By focusing on inclusion, these differences are harnessed to create value — in ideas, business practices, relationships, and employee engagement. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment where our employees can thrive.
All aspects of the employment process are merit-based. Every Equity employee is expected to maintain a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Equity Residential does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity/expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, military (including uniformed service member or protected veteran) status, marital status, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by law. Equity Residential also prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or discrimination, or participate in investigations into such conduct.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job