We are a rising real estate company. We are young, nimble, and love to work with passion and energy! Our goal is to become a $1B company and we are looking for someone that can help us continue to get there. We are looking for a Rockstar Asset Manager for our MULTIFAMILY properties across the U.S. with experience in value-add multifamily deals. Someone who can take ownership of the entire asset management. A Rockstar.
We believe in living an extraordinary life, achieving tremendous success, living an exciting life that brings fulfillment, excelling and reaching new standards - in everything we do. We think dIFFerenTLY. We never compare ourselves to others or to industry’s standards. We create our own standards, and they are exhilaratingly high and ambitious. We are setting new standards of excellence in everything we do and want to leave a mark in this world. We are challenging the status quo, and are looking for someone that possesses that same passion.
Our business is focused on boosting our properties NOI by implementing a Value-Add plan. We own over $400M in AUM across the U.S., and we are growing. Fast.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for maximizing the NOI of our properties. This individual will manage the 3rd party property management company, capital expenditures projects, lender reporting, and analyze the properties financials to improve the bottom line. The Asset Manager will work directly under the company’s CEO.
Only read further if you are:
- Hard Working
- Open Minded
You should be:
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believe that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized.
What you will do:
Implement new and high standards of asset management to boost our revenue by:
- Analyze the financials and improving NOI
- Manage on-going reporting to lenders
- Executing the value-add business plan post purchase, by managing the 3rd party property management company
- Utilize thorough knowledge of market performance and real estate operations, formulate and execute strategies intended to maximize portfolio value, and report performance results to leadership
- Leverage monthly and quarterly financial statements to boost NOI and identify underperformance; implement budgeting, building, and executing a plan to fix any performance issues
- Incorporate a value-oriented approach to each asset by analyzing revenue opportunities
- Execute the Value-Add / CapEx projects for both interiors and exterior renovations and deferred maintenance projects
- Create annual operating and capital budgets. Collaborate with teams and impart property and market knowledge to create comprehensive budgets that meet targeted investment strategies and objectives
- 25% travel required
What you should have:
- BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics, or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 3+ years of experience in managing large value-add multifamily assets is a must. We are not looking for affordable or student housing asset managers.
- Experience in analyzing property financials and 3rd party property management reports
- Technically savvy: Advanced MS Excel skills, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication; organizational, presentational, and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to take ownership and commitment to follow through
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship
- Lives around Norwood/Boston MSA or willing to relocate there
What we offer:
If surrounding yourself with highly motivated and striving people sounds awesome to you – Blue Lake Capital is likely the place you’ll want to be. We’re not perfect but we are a team that strives to live fully and with excellence. We love business, learning, take pride in being nerds, spend day after day striving to out-do ourselves from the day before, and care deeply about our company, team, and ourselves. We take pride in the whole 360. If this is the type of people you’ve longed to be surrounded by, this team will delight you, inspire you, and help you bring yourself to your full potential!
Along with that comes the industry standards – competitive market compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, unlimited time off (because everyone who works here loves to work and doesn’t abuse that, but we trust if you need a time-out, it’s best to take it), development and training opportunities. But really the best part is…
The Blue Lake Values
- Be Bold. We and You can achieve greatness only by taking risks and acting boldly.
- Strive for Excellence in EVERYTHING that you do. It’s much more exciting to live life when we are constantly pushing our boundaries. Any other reality is simply boring.
- Relentless Hustle, Heart, & Humbleness. Work hard. Be Kind. Make “It” Even Better.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job