LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Diversity and Development Manager, People is responsible for ensuring that every LivCorian is provided with the learning and development program that helps them reach their true potential. In line with that, this role will also facilitate our diversity journey both as it relates to teammate development and growth.
This role will be responsible for leading all aspects including needs analysis, design, delivery and measurement. The ideal candidate will also bring strong facilitation skills. The ideal candidate gets fired up every day about making a difference, is a flexible multi-tasker, can remain highly organized, is detail-oriented, tech-savvy, as well as a professional and friendly communicator. This position is based out of our headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. The duties include specific program management of our all training programs, lead in our DEI council, and drive all learning programs in the firm.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
What you will do:
- Content design: Work closely with each functional area to design and deploy learning and development programs. This includes monitoring the growth of the firm and ensuring each human at LivCor has a development plan.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate directly with leadership to promote an inclusive work environment where diversity is viewed in the broadest sense
- Project management: Ensure the development AND execution of development plans while always staying focused on the teammate’s individual growth requirements.
- Innovation: Rapidly evaluate and research training options and alternatives designed to meet the needs of the modern learner. Adept with a variety of multimedia learning platforms and delivery methods.
- Develop and implement diversity recruitment and retention plans with the goal of increasing participation from all levels of the organization to meet identified goals.
- Build content to create awareness for DE&I community programs; this includes developing communication plans to support the change management process, partnering with the DEI council, ESG and leadership team.
- Keep current on DE&I trends, best practices and program development that will help increase awareness and create the most inclusive environment for all humans.
- Facilitation: facilitate engaging education sessions both in live and virtual environments
What you should bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in program and/or project management, preferably in DE&I, Community Outreach & Engagement, Learning and Development, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- Operational ownership of programs including demand analysis, budgeting, delivery management, communications, evaluation, reporting, vendor relationships.
- Track record of success designing and implementing leading-edge professional development programs and career paths by
- Recommend appropriate delivery mechanisms (e.g., classroom, on demand, virtual classroom, performance support, blended learning)
- Create program budgets balancing effectiveness and efficiencies to bring value to the business.
- Actively partner with the leadership team to align on common priorities, leverage work, and provide leading-edge development solutions by department
- Pragmatic disruptor - comfortable to drive change and stretching the boundaries by balancing with people and business needs
- Outstanding leadership, living inclusion in how change and execution is driven, ability to bridge among a broad set of stakeholders and environments
- Proven experience in developing and executing large scale, corporate-wide initiatives. Proven experience in developing and executing Change Management strategies.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Comfort in a continually evolving, fast-paced and ambiguous environment requiring flexibility, innovation, and positive attitude
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills used in consultative manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior consulting or professional services experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or related field
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Human Resources
2+ to 5 years