Who you are:
As an Associate, you will collaborate on a daily basis with the team’s business, expanding your knowledge in all aspects of commercial sales and financing that will allow you to develop a unique combination of financial and research skills. You will be performing financial analysis and other analytical work to support capital markets transactions. You will serve as a liaison with clients and lenders and assist clients in conducting research, performing analysis of budgets, expenses and historical operating information. You will request and consolidate due diligence materials and support other team members with preparing offering memorandums, broker opinion of values, and other proposals. As a dedicated member of the capital markets team, you will be responsible for processing deal transactions, updating databases, consolidating marketing and due diligence materials and supporting deal production.
What you bring:
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related area
· Quality internship or applicable background with 2+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Finance, or related area
· Understanding of the real estate industry, terminology and documentation or other related sales experience
· Exceptional quantitative, writing and communication skills
· Advanced technical financial analysis and computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Strong understanding of CRE valuation principles such as: NPV, Income Capitalization, & IRR
· Ability to assist with deals by preparing /reviewing presentations, reports, proposals, spreadsheets, correspondence and other documents.
· Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners through clear and concise oral/written communication
· Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, product quality and attention to detail
Bonus skills and experience:
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or other relevant field preferred
· Financial Modeling, Excel and Argus expertise
· Salesforce or other CRM experience
· Knowledge of debt markets
· Deal Management and Valuation
· Waterfall Expertise
What success looks like:
· You contribute to market research requests including market snapshots, market overviews, topic specific research, customized economic, market, and area overviews, and site level specifics
· You possess strong critical thinking skills and problem-solving capabilities
· You possess strong communications and consensus building skills, organization skills and attention to detail while coordinating multiple tasks consistently in a fast-paced environment
· You are a team player, conscientious, reliable, and flexible with high degree of professionalism and passion for success.
· Responsible for processing all deal related information submitted by the brokers and ensure that all deal files are in line with corporate guidelines
· You are able to participate in client meetings, coordinate supporting materials for offer packages and responding to client questions. Ability to directly interface with clients regarding title, closing, and coordination of all timelines
· You will support the design and build of sophisticated financial models for properties with existing and speculative cash flow for the Brokerage sales teams.
- Financial Analysis
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years