Vice President – Finance and Operations
Irvine, California 92612
About the Company
Company is a retail-specialized real estate investment and advisory firm known for implementing creative strategies that maximize property values for regional malls, grocery anchored centers, lifestyle centers, NNN portfolios, strip retail and single tenant NNN investments. This success comes from a unique “one-team, one-company” culture whereby the entire company comes together to maximize property values on every single deal. Clients benefit from powerful representation by the most experienced retail investment and financing experts in the nation. The Company underwrites and analyzes over 350+ projects worth over $1 billion in retail assets annually. No other firm offers a commensurate level of expertise.
Job Description and Requirements
The Vice President provides the day-to day leadership and management necessary to ensure that the company and all projects are performing to their full potential. The Vice President leads the organization’s efforts to (i) maintain and manage the Company’s pipeline (ii) establish and maintain project budgets; reviewing for overall efficiency and effectiveness, (iii) manage third party contracts and some corporate overhead (iv) employee training and development with the overall goal to provide best-in-class services for the Company’s internal brokerage team as well as all external relationships that include clients, third party vendors, and the marketplace. The Vice President ensures the company establishes, follows and continually refine operational, administrative and reporting procedures. The Vice President evaluates the company’s human and technological resources to ensure they are in sync with current needs and goals.
The Vice President reports to and collaborates closely with the CFO and the CEO to develop and maintain the firm’s growth initiatives as well as maintaining the Company culture and core values. The Vice President supports this effort by focusing on education, training, coaching, motivation and other resources to enable the team to simultaneously achieve individual and corporate goals and objectives.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with brokers to establish and execute short-term and long-term strategic and tactical plans for each real estate proposal and/or listing
• Oversee and manage the activities of team members who are responsible for the daily operation of the
Resource Center which includes financial underwriting, market research, marketing, graphic design, and office administration.
• Maximize the quality and timeliness Company materials; ensuring relevancy to the market
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
• Collaborate with capital markets contacts to ensure that the financial underwriting fits within market requirements are achieved.
• Hire, manage, collaborate and train internal team that includes market research, graphic design, finance and due diligence and other needs with the Company
• Oversee the activities of team members and third-party consultants in the execution of the valuation, proposal, offering memorandum, business plan for each project.
• Coach and mentor senior financial analysts regarding new project financing and monitoring existing debt instruments.
• Assist CFO with HR related responsibilities.
• Manage marketing manager to improve all marketing initiatives, reviewing ROI, and monitoring technology and database infrastructure (CRM/Salesforce/RCM)
• Collaborate with CEO to establish the firm’s strategic goals and objectives and tactical plans
to achieve stated goals.
• Weekly team meetings and collaboration with team members to measure the effectiveness of internal processes and procedures and seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness where possible.
• Ensure that the firm’s policies and operational procedures promote the company’s goals, culture, mission, and core values.
• Motivate, coach and develop staff members with a goal of continual improvement of their knowledge and effectiveness.
• Evaluate and adjust staffing and organizational structure of each department.
• Collaborate with the CEO to ensure that relationships with current and future investors and their respective management teams are strong and investors’ needs are met in a high quality and timely manner.
• Collaborate with the CFO and CEO to manage corporate budget.
• Set comprehensive goals for individual and corporate performance and growth; develop measurement tools to monitor each team member’s progress and contribution.
• Develop, motivate, and lead a high performing management team; attract, recruit, and retain required human resources and/or outside services.
• Directly provide mentoring to team members to evaluate and enhance their performance and career development.
• Monitor & improve the method, content, and timeliness of employee evaluations.
• Promote involvement in trade organizations and industry relationship development.
• Manage Argus Enterprise platform and review all incremental improvements in use of technology to improve systems and performance.
• Support brokers with all Due Diligence, War room/shared document folders and Closing Checklists.
• Use existing and new relationships with brokers and principals to find widely marketed, lightly marketed, pocket listings and off-market opportunities.
• Collaborate with the team to prepare and execute pre and post-closing integration plans for closings into marketing materials and proposals.
• Oversee preparation of offering memorandum and financial models.
• Oversee creation of due diligence war room.
• Oversee management of due diligence deadline, final contract exhibits & closing
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management, Real Estate or related field; MBA
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of real estate investment and management experience.
• Senior leadership experience involving top-level investment strategy, strategic planning,
portfolio management, asset management, and leasing.
• Strong experience in valuation/financing real estate assets.
• Knowledge of the residential & commercial investment industry trends, best practices, rules
• Strong experience with financial modeling and reporting, including detailed property-level
financial statement analysis and budgeting/forecasting.
• This role will require attention to detail and an understanding of national retail & commercial real estate markets and landscape.
• Strong proficiency in Argus and Yardi.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
• Highly organized, extremely proactive and detail-oriented individual with the ability to
multitask and communicate effectively
• Direct experience in underwriting commercial real assets preferably at a brokerage firm
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, and knowledge of Adobe Create Suite)
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (IRR, NPV)
- Analyze loan term sheets and lender proposed financial covenants.
- Can prioritize work and has excellent time management skills
- Must have extremely strong work ethic, high attention to detail, be organized and have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Solutions oriented approach to problem solving and creating efficiencies within the organization
- Self-directed and assertive
- Excellent people skills with ability to manage up, down and sideways effectively
- Team player; capacity to work in a collaborative environment
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
More than 15 years
Apply for this job