Purpose of Job:
Assists under the direction of an attorney in Real Estate Counsel, with legal work which is reviewed and approved by the supervising attorney. Assist and coordinates legal activities with attorneys. Responsible for securing, preparing, drafting, and processing legal documents. To include the review, examination and interpretation of legal documents or real estate transactions for validity, content, accuracy, and compliance with procedures. Senior staff may be responsible for supervision of junior staff.
- Secures, prepares, drafts and processes legal documents; reviews, examines and interprets legal documents for real estate transactions (e.g., mortgage loans, acquisitions, dispositions, corporate and limited partnership documentation, property management, construction, leasing, deeds, surveys and title insurance policies) for validity, content, accuracy and compliance with procedures; and assists with title and survey curative matters.
- Secures, prepares, drafts, processes and monitors filings with governmental offices and regulatory agencies, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the National Association of Securities Dealers.
- Analyzes documents and information to ascertain the facts of a matter and compiles an evaluation/summary of the facts.
- Acts as a contact between attorney and client, outside parties and counsel, brokers and title company representatives.
- Attends closings; conferences with clients and outside counsel; and meetings as attorney's representative.
- Performs online research to extract information from sources such as statutes, case law and public records.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Requires BS/BA in related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience as a Legal Analyst, Paralegal or related field in a Commercial Real Estate Firm or Corporate Firm environment.
- Title and survey experience required.
- Real Estate Law experience with commercial leases, property management, purchase and sales of property.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- Experience drafting and negotiating real estate documents.
- Experience tracking all real estate legal matters and reporting to various business and legal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle large workload with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to partner with internal customers and team members to achieve results.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Results oriented and desire to learn new processes and support new technologies.
5+ to 7 years