Fillmore Capital Partners (FCP) is a private investment company, focused on the development of operating companies and strategies on behalf of institutional and select private-client investors. Our boutique firm invests in multifamily, commercial, healthcare, and hospitality real estate and operating companies.
FCP is seeking an analytical, critical, and creative thinker with strong financial skills and work ethic, and proven capacity to work and communicate within a team, to support FCP Underwriting, with a significant portion of time spent with the Multifamily Investments team.
- Evaluate and underwrite potential transactions from a diverse pipeline of real estate markets and asset types, including commercial, multifamily, land, hospitality, housing, and healthcare.
- Take the lead on preliminary deal sizing, investment underwriting, investment modeling, general due diligence, review of third-party reports, financial statements, market analysis, etc. and writing investment summaries.
- Provide overall deal management and support closings as part of an integrated team.
- Rigorously analyze and draw appropriate and useful conclusions from market and real estate research, as well as site visits, financial models, published reports, and conversations with colleagues, owners, brokers, and borrowers.
- Review investment packages, financial statements, leases, third party reports, and other pertinent documents and provide perspective on content, results, and variances.
- Prepare and present financial models, initial deal summaries, internal investment committee memos and presentations, using strong computer and financial modeling skills and creativity.
- Coordinate with sellers, borrowers, and attorneys to support transactions and closings.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 1-3 years of commercial real estate lending, mortgage banking, development, acquisitions, brokerage, or real estate accounting with proven, direct experience in underwriting real estate.
- Experience with underwriting multifamily investments a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel to model real estate underwriting and investor returns.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Argus preferred.
- Able to write clear and concise investment summaries.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and work successfully within and across teams.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach with a focus on results.
- Willingness to flex work hours across Pacific and Eastern time zones.
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job