Enterprise Housing Credit Investments (EHCI) seeks a Sr. Director, LIHTC Structuring. The Sr. Director, LIHTC Structuring serves as a resource to the Acquisitions, Investor Relations and Credit teams within EHCI. The Sr. Director and the LIHTC Structuring group are charged with proactively assisting in structuring Housing Credit deals and funds in a way that:
- Is effective and efficient for project sponsors, investors and EHCI.
- Manages tax risk while optimizing yield for investors and EHCI.
- Is consistent with Housing Credit industry standards.
We have one opening that could either be at the Senior Director or Vice President level.
- Provide guidance and supervision of LIHTC Structuring staff.
- Develop team members to strive for overall process improvements, working with other members of the EHCI team to make recommendations to improve business and communication processes.
- Determine Enterprise’s positions on tax and technical issues, ensure these are built into our policies, procedures, and processes and communicated effectively with Acquisitions and Asset Management
- Create and conduct regular training programs for acquisition staff and others within the Enterprise organization in order to share knowledge and to ensure standards are kept and deals structures are optimized.
- Evaluate deals prior to Secured status for material structural issues and coordinate and problem-solve with Credit and Acquisitions on structural issues that could impact an investment’s risk profile.
- Address technical issues that are raised by acquisitions staff and outside counsel. Proactively communicate with outside counsel regarding tax issues, trends and other LIHTC related topics.
- Participate in industry organizations that deal with technical tax aspects of the credit program. These may include the Affordable Housing Forum of the American Bar Association and/or the Novogradac LIHTC Working Group.
- Provide assistance to the Enterprise Policy team when advocating for changes in law or seeking other guidance on the technical aspects of the tax credit.