Headquartered in Vienna, VA
Middleburg Communities is a fully integrated multifamily investment, development, construction, and management company operating in the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic United States.
Middleburg is expanding and seeks an Investment Associate professional to support the Investment Management Team in growing and managing its portfolio of institutional multifamily assets. The Associate will have a broad exposure to several investment strategies including Class-A and Class-B acquisitions, Class-A new development, and will work across several functions including Capital Markets, Acquisitions, Development and Asset Management.
There will be daily communication with the company principals and executive staff and provides the right candidate the opportunity for advancement.
- Manage all aspects of the underwriting and due diligence process for both acquisitions of existing assets and new development opportunities;
- Prepare investment memoranda for both internal and external purposes to include investment committee memos and offering memorandums;
- Assist in preparation of joint venture documentation negotiations and closings;
- Complete routine market research such as identifying comparable rental properties, comparable sales, and competing new supply;
- Assist in loan negotiations and closings for every strategy including construction loans for new development, and acquisition loans for existing assets and refinancing of both;
- Analyze property and portfolio level data to inform underwriting assumptions including rent rolls, leases, and historical cash flows;
- Organize and participate in market diligence trips, competing property tours, and onsite inspections for acquisitions opportunity and/or new development projects;
- Established Top performer in real estate, private equity or other investment management firm focused on real estate.
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience as an analyst and/or Investment associate in one of the following: investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or commercial brokerage.
- Experience writing investment memorandums and/or overseeing the production of investor presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of excel, PPT, and Yardi
Compensation is commensurate with experience but highly competitive and with excellent incentives tied to performance and a quality benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Jesse Nichols at jnichols @ livemiddleburg .com. Please reach out if you have any questions.
At Middleburg Communities, we share a vision for greater value creation through community impact. Our success is rooted in a genuine desire to serve our local communities in thoughtful and holistic ways. By enhancing the lives of others, we contribute positively to neighborhoods and maximize real returns for our partners.
Since 2004, Middleburg has acquired, recapitalized, and built about 21,000 apartment units, executing approximately $2.5 billion in transactions. Headquartered in Vienna, VA with satellite offices in Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC, and Greenville, SC, Middleburg Communities currently owns and manages approximately 4,600 units.
Middleburg Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
- Investment Management
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.