Company Name: Gaw Capital
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position Title: Analyst or Associate, Asset Management
Company Description: Gaw Capital Advisors USA, a U.S. subsidiary of Gaw Capital Partners (a global private equity real estate firm with over $25 billion of assets under management) was formed in 2013 to provide U.S. real estate private equity fund and separate account management services to our global investor base. GCUSA's principals have been investing in U.S. real estate since 1995 through its predecessor company Downtown Property Holdings and have overseen acquisition and management of over 4 million square feet of office, hotel, land, residential, and other mixed-use properties. Some of our notable U.S. investments include the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (Los Angeles, CA), Hollywood & Highland (Los Angeles, CA), Bradbury Building (Los Angeles, CA), SoHo House Chicago (Chicago, IL), Columbia Center (Seattle, WA), Standard High Line (New York, NY), and the Hamm’s Building (San Francisco, CA), among others. Our global investor base includes some of the largest sovereign wealth funds, educational endowments, public pension funds, and family offices.
The Analyst / Associate will be an integral part of GCUSA’s Asset Management Team. GCUSA pursues a value-driven investment strategy with a strategic focus on repositioning projects located in major knowledge and innovation markets marked by a young, well-educated population and strong employment growth prospects.
Our Asset Management Team is actively focused on real estate investments and asset management across the risk/return spectrum. Investments are primarily in the office and hospitality sectors with selected focus on residential, retail and mixed-use properties. This position will interact closely with the development, acquisitions, asset management, capital markets, finance, and property management teams within the company and across offices globally. In addition, this position will liaise, develop and maintain relationship with joint venture partners, lenders, and third party consultants.
• Primary responsibilities will include assisting with asset management duties including modeling, client reporting, property valuation analysis, property performance analysis and special projects.
• Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports.
• Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios.
• Develop detailed financial models and other analytical tools, perform property-level underwriting, prepare and maintain property cash flow projections and IRR models
• Monitor fund/individual investment performance
• Perform and review due diligence materials
• Actively participate in internal presentations/discussions, formulate and provide insightful opinions to help develop business plans for new and existing investments
• Interact with brokers, tenants, buyers, sellers, third-party managers and consultants, lenders, joint venture partners, domestic and international investors and capital partners
• Track market activities and develop in-depth knowledge on specific real estate markets, sectors, and investment strategies
• 1-4 years of real estate experience in investment banking, private equity, direct investment, appraisal or commercial brokerage
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Real Estate or other related fields from a top tier university
• Advanced knowledge of Excel financial modeling is required; Argus a plus
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
• Passion for excellence
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity, attention to detail and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
• Position is based in Downtown Los Angeles
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job