Hoffman & Associates, Inc. is actively seeking an Acquisitions Associate for immediate hire. The Acquisitions Associate will work directly with the VP of Acquisitions, as well as the executive leadership of the company, including the Finance and Development Teams, on a diverse range of investment and development opportunities. The candidate will primarily focus on sourcing, identifying, pursuing and acquiring new development opportunities, but can also expect to work on projects and assignments related to the entire pipeline of activity and portfolio under management.
Hoffman & Associates is a premier developer of urban residential and mixed-use neighborhood transformations. The company maintains market leadership, creating developments that enhance value for the communities in which it invests. The company remains focused on growing its ‘best in class’ status by leading the market on industry trends, regulatory solutions, design quality, economic performance, sustainability innovation, and urban place-making.
Position Summary: The Acquisition Associate will work with the Acquisitions, Finance and Development Teams to provide analytical support primarily on new development acquisitions, but can expect to work across all business platform activities including corporate finance, asset management and development - and across a multitude of product types, including office, multi-family rental, condominiums, retail, and hospitality. The Acquisitions Associate will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Assist the VP of Acquisitions in sourcing, identifying, pursuing and acquiring new development opportunities.
- Develop and leverage relationships with brokers, landowners and 3rd party consultants to facilitate corporate acquisition objectives.
- Prepare materials and analysis for presentation to company executives, including financial models, investment committee memos and market research.
- Assist the Development and Finance teams with the capitalization, development, management and disposition of existing and new projects.
- Research new potential development markets and submarkets by analyzing market fundamentals such as supply pipelines, rent/sales comparable, employment data, etc.
- Support analytic requests of Senior Management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-5 years of previous experience in real estate acquisitions, development, finance, or investment management.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics or related field.
- Highly proficient understanding of real estate finance, including previous modeling of development projects and cash flow waterfalls. Advanced MS Excel skills required, experience with Argus preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, independent problem solving, with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-motivated with meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism in order to interact well with internal and external clients.
Salary and bonus will be commensurate with experience. Hoffman & Associates offers a competitive benefits package compensation commensurate with experience.
Hoffman & Associates, and its’ related entities, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job