About the Company:
Regency Centers Corporation (Nasdaq: REG) Regency Centers is the preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers located in affluent and densely populated trade areas. Our portfolio includes thriving properties merchandised with highly productive grocers, restaurants, service providers, and best-in-class retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-administered, self-managed, and an S&P 500 Index member. For more information, please visit .
About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking a Senior Property Manager to join our Walnut Creek, California regional office. The Senior Property Manager will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of an assigned portfolio of retail shopping center properties under the guidance of the Vice President – Property Operations.
- Direct fiscal management of the properties assigned (i.e., maintenance of A/R and A/P, operating expense control, completion of budgeted items for Capital Improvement Program and assistance in preparing budgets, monthly and annual financial reports).
- Manage properties’ physical performance (i.e. bidding contracts, inspections, signage approval, etc.).
- Report on portfolio-wide performance including accounts receivable, expense variances, miscellaneous income programs, and tenant move-ins/move-outs.
- Develop, maintain, and manage relationships with tenants and vendors (i.e. address and follow up with tenants via inspections, phone, correspondence and email, and monitor vendors).
- Directly oversee daily vendor management, including directing vendor repairs and property improvements.
- Manage operations issues such as tenant transitions, processing rent relief requests, collections, etc.
- Manage capital expenditure (CAPX) projects and coordinate tenant improvements and various construction activities, including but not limited to plan review, interpreting the lease, and sending necessary notices for space delivery and rent commencement.
- Work on special projects/ongoing initiatives according to current needs, including assisting with generating ancillary income and sustainable best in class business practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or related field; coupled with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in commercial property operations. Additional field experience (9+ years) in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping/GAAP, retail or office leasing, and contract terminology
- Intermediate level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software, email and internet research
- Quantitative and analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to frequently travel within the regional portfolio
- Experience managing retail properties, ideally in the shopping center industry
- Member of ICSC and regularly attends local events
- 7 – 10 years of experience in real estate, property management, and/or accounting
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards or other accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot complex issues and achieve a solution
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills
- Must be highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Strong customer focus; ability to build, develop, and maintain relationships
- Ability to stay calm and focused in situations of high pressure and high urgency, and able to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, high volume environment
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, paid parental leave and compassion leave, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts, flexible paid time off, and paid holidays.
*Regency Centers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Regency Centers is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
- Business Development
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.